Re: Your dream rig

i already had my dream rig, and it's gone forever-sniff sniff
    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Well..... What was it Tommy????

Comment

my magic gold sparkle charvel strat, a '78 and a '79 jmp superlead 100 both modded by mark cameron back in '97 and '98, run in stereo in different combinations of the following cabinets-
        1-marshall straight cab with 25 greenies that was supposed to go to eddie van halen but i made my friend sell it to me instead.(he still to this day deals with eddie's tech alot)
        2-marshall slant cab, supposedly one of warren demartini's cabs that i bought off e-bay with vintage 30's
        3-my favorite cab, a marshall straight cab with 25 watt black backs. these are hard to find supposedly, and i thought this cab sounded the best.
        4-a mesa boogie slant cab with vintage 30's in it.
        i would run these heads through any combo of two of these heads and cream my pants just about everytime.
        i had various people calling me every night asking me to put the phone up to the speakers so they could hear.
        i had (the key word) a great sound, very simple but very very effective. the sound was perfect. once in a while i'd hook up a cry baby, but otherwise it was straight through
        the head. somedays it sounded so good, i would get home around 6 p.m. from work and play until 5 a.m. i just could not bring myself to leave as i thought i would never get that groove again. but it happened everyday. i'd give 10 years off of my life if i could just rewind to about 2 and a half years ago. i could fix alot of heartache. boy was that sound to fukkin' tkae a bullet for.
        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Sounds like a great rig. Hope you get it back someday.

Comment

fukkit Tommy...just get a POD and you have it all back [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
            shawnlutz.com

Comment

Alright:

Guitars:

- Various Jackson Custom Soloist made in different types of wood and various pickups.
              - Ibanez JEM 777
              - Takamine (or Alvarez?) electro-acoustic

Rack:

- Mesa Boogie 20/20 (loud enough for me)
              - Triaxis preamp
              - G Major
              - ADA MP-1 preamp (modded)
              - POD Pro XT
              - 2 Mesa slant cabinets
              - BBE Maximizer
              - Furman rackrider

That´s it.

Comment

Exactly the same with added delay !!
                Oh stick this in your fuse box ..... Bon Scott

Comment

'78 50 watt master volume marshall 2x12 combo with 2x12 marshall cab.. I am very simple.. a boss FA-1 preamp sits on top and thats all I need. I run 2 full rigs in tandem...
                  I also run a hopped up '61 fender concert.
                  I bought a mesa dual rec. half stack from a local guy a few years back .
                  I really liked the crunch and bass but it was pretty one dimensional so I off'd it.
                  eventually I will buy a soldano slo100 full stack for sh!ts and grins. I've heard and read lots of good things about them .
                  so what the heck, every house should have one soldano....

Comment

Well I think I own my dream stuff....well until I hear somethin' better ....then I'll own that ....whatever that will be.
                    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                    X