Marshall JMP-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marshall JMP-1

Ranalli, if you haven't got it by now, you won't ever get it, haha...

I tried, I did... Really.

However, I'm glad for Jim Marshalls grandchildren, that there are that will carry the flag for their bogus product line full of cheap components and thin circuit boards with cold solder joints. People that blindly buy their product that is subpar in too many ways to mention. It's people like you that pay their bills and their kids college tuitions, hehe... We salute you!

I realize that I like their tone of olde myself, and covet it in many ways. I just can't condone their current business practices.

Comment

It's cool man....we got people comparing the tone of the newer Marshalls to that of Crates so that speaks volumes about the knowledge here and the objectiveness of the listening rather than the repeating of internet mantra.

It's not my job to sway anyone nor am I trying to as I could care less about Marshall, but, it's definitely funny to exemplify as in this thread that people don't really know what they're talking about as they can't back up what they say with facts or even get the facts they have right. I've seen too many people like yourself and some of the people in this thread be fooled by what they think is good tone and then after they rave it turns out to be a Marshall or a Crate or *gasp* even a Line6 when they check behind the stage or in the actual studio.

Comment

People here don't really know what they're talking about? Actually, you're on one of the best boards for guitar and amp info around.

I'd say you're the one with a fact problem.

Comment

Yup, after you couldn't back anything up with facts I'm the one with the fact problem. Nice try.

Comment

I don't believe there are many studies documenting amp crappiness. Just gotta go by experience. Guess you're out of luck.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              I don't believe there are many studies documenting amp crappiness.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you see the logic problem here you're facing??

Comment

Zzzzzz.... You could do better than that.... Slacker.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Zzzzzz.... You could do better than that.... Slacker.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you don't see it.

Comment

Hey look!! Isn't that Elvis?? [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Youre right, Marshall sucks............

[/ QUOTE ]
                      [img]/images/graemlins/stupid.gif[/img]
                      I'm supposed to take this from a guy who plays a VG-8 through a Roland JC-100?!? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

For the record, my combo amps are a Rivera and a vintage Fender Deluxe Reverb. I've owned many other Fenders, and Mesas (including a Mark IIC+), and Marshalls, and whathaveyou, and I've spent a lot of time arriving at the gear choices I've made, and I stand by them: I know my tone when I hear it, and I'm very particular about my tone. My JMP-1 is a great preamp for me, has held up to years of abuse, is consistent and toneful and reliable, and that's what it is. If you don't like it, that's too bad, but don't tell me it's a piece of ****, because I know better - and I've got the years and ears to know that I'm right.

Opinions are like assholes & etc... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                      X