New Marshall 18? Watt tube amp.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Marshall 18? Watt tube amp.

I read about this amp in Guitar Buyer magazine, I think it was. I didn't buy the mag, so I'm working off of my bad memory here.
    It is a new 18? or 20? watt Marshall handwired tube head. I checked the Marshall homepage and couldn't find anything about it there. Does anyone know anything about this amp.
    I think it sounds cool, a good way to crank it up for tube overdrive, without all the power that might drive the neighbors crazy. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Nandrew

Re: New Marshall 18? Watt tube amp.

An 18 watt amp would still be loud enough to piss off neighbors. Ask Newc how loud the 3 watt tube amp I built him is. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Pete

Comment

My 22 watt Mesa Studio 22 can get the cops to come with no problem at all especially if I use an external cabinet with it.

Comment

Even my fifty watt 1x12 combo amp is overkill. Me as a stupid ignorant kid three years ago (still am, to a certain degree [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ) wanted POWER which I thought would equate to TONE. Well, the tone is there, but the power is too much. I never get to put the master volume past 2 before it's rattling the foundation. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Nandrew, there are a SLEW of boutique makers cloning the old 18 watt Marshalls. The is Marshalls attrempt to grab a slice of that pie.

Comment

Working...
          X