Worst amp you've ever heard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst amp you've ever heard

I'm sure everyone has heard some foul sounding amps. For me, the most horrid thing I heard so far was the Red Rocker Crate Sammy Hagar head. The clean was pretty good, but the gain channel was the most fukkin God awful sound ever. It was so bad, it made the Blue Voodoo sound tolerable. It was like ear torture!

Re: Worst amp you\'ve ever heard

I've not liked,

The Marshall MG series.
    Fender Cyber crap.
    Anything Crate.

Comment

Crate Blue Voodoo. Not just because it has terrible tone, but because it feedbacks so easily even at low volumes... Its terrible..
      Some of the solidstate Marshall stuff sounds pretty bad, I think that's the MG series that I'm thinking of (funny part is that some of their solid state stuff sounds really good, too)

Comment

Those Roland Cube amps are awful
        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Peavey Bandit
          93 USA Soloist EDS
          USA HT6 Juggernaut
          Charvel DK24FR

Comment

Man, I can't believe nobody has said the magic name yet:

"GORILLA"

Comment

peavey rage
              hughes&kettner warp 7....goddamn awful sounding head. the tube version (warp X or the warp T halfstack) is said to be quite good sounding, though.

the marshall MG series are actually alright sounding (for what they are). i think those small peavey practice amps sound much worse.

and i cant believe someone said roland cube.....the cube 30 is BY FAR the BEST sounding cheap practice combo i've EVER played. sure, it ain't no marshall fullstack, but it definitely puts most other amps in it's pricerange to shame

Comment

Bogner... They suck... Ummmm. Engl.... Oh yeah... That Deizel is CRAP!!!!!

And i can't stand SOLDANO even though I own one...

J/K...

The Crate BV has my vote. They should call it the Crate... or Crap...... BM... Short for Bowel Movement.

© [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Peavey Rage
                  Marshall solid states
                  Marshall Bluesbreaker.................

Comment

I have to agree with those new Marshall MG series. Strangely enough, I have a solid-state Marshall G series that I really like, but I can never get a good sound out of the MG series when I'm at a store. I must have either picked a good one or I am totally tone-deaf... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

i had a blue voodoo 2x12 combo. i could not get a good tone out of it. even tried el34's in it. so my vote is crate. scott

Comment

Here's my list:

Ram RG-20 - Yes I know you have never heard of it. It was my first ever amp a million years ago and a gift from my mom. It looks exactly like the Gorilla and she got it from the MF website so I would not be surprized it's the same company with a diff badge.

Crate Pile 'O Trash 50 Watt - Ok, I made the name up but it was some sort of Crate that my friend Tony had for like a second (he musta been drunk when he got it). The thing sounded like butt and the construction was so bad you could hear the screws and parts rattling at low volumes.

On a side note, how the hell does Marty get good tones out of his Crates? It seems to be the concensus that the just plain suck. Why are the Crate guys not in jail for all this horror they have unleashed upon us guitar players?
                        I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          On a side note, how the hell does Marty get good tones out of his Crates? It seems to be the concensus that the just plain suck. Why are the Crate guys not in jail for all this horror they have unleashed upon us guitar players?

[/ QUOTE ]

You assume he actually uses them.
                          ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

Marshall TSL. I had to borrow one once and couldn't give it back fast enough.

Comment

i'm with you, chuck. i was supposed to use a tsl full stack at a gig once, and i went to my 2X12 jcm 800 combo during soundcheck.

also didn't care for the dsls, either.

sully
                              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                              Sully Guitars on Facebook
                              Sully Guitars on Google+
                              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                              X