X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chandler Tube Driver

Does anyone own this pedal?
    How does it sounds?
    Eric Johnson and David Gilmour are using it, they make ultimate lead tone with it IMO.
    http://www.tonefrenzy.com/effects/ch...be_driver.html
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Re: Chandler Tube Driver

I had the rack mount version, I thought it blew..........

Comment

it's pretty weak alone. add it to a slightly overdriven amp and it'll get the job done.
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Does anyone own this pedal?
        How does it sounds?
        Eric Johnson and David Gilmour are using it, they make ultimate lead tone with it IMO.
        http://www.tonefrenzy.com/effects/ch...be_driver.html

[/ QUOTE ]

Johnson and Gilmour's sound comes mainly from their super high end heavily modded amplifiers.

Comment

I'm not really sure about Gilmour because he has tons of pedals, racks and amps but Johnson uses Chandler with Plexi Marshall for his main lead tone, I don't know if the Plexi is sligthly overdriven or just clean, but he said that the drive comes from Chandler.
          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I wouldn't believe it. I am sure Johnson's amps are all modded. He is very picky and particular about his guitars and amps and I am sure that nothing he uses is stock. Gilmour uses so much equipment it is hard to tell where the tone is coming from.

Comment

When I saw Eric (from about 3 feet away), it didn't look to me like he was using his Tube Driver a whole lot. He had some Fender amps-Vibroverbs I believe-that he used for clean and an older Marshall stack that he used for dirty sounds, but I noticed him messing with his Fuzz Face more than his Tube Driver.

Comment

I had one it was ok. I sold it I have had the rack and the pedal both early ones-no difference get rack if you have a single channel amp. The rack is cool with marshalls cause it has a bias and contour, Foot switchable bypass and boost. You have to find the right 12ax7-some sound like poop in them. Every one I have played you had to turn off the highs or they suck ass and I have palayed several. If you can pickup a rack one for a bill or less and have a one channel amp I would go for it. 150 nope not the pedal, not the rack-way overated in that respect. I gought my rack for 50 and pedal for 60.

It doesn't matter what satriani plays he sounds hot. When I saw him he had two JCM 800 halfstacks eric was with him to.

Comment

Working...
                X