Neat little amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neat little amp

I found this company in California doing hand-made tube amps pretty cheap. They make a 1/4 watt recording amp and a 33/50 watt version for playing live. I'm no amp guru, but it sounds like it uses a pre-amp tube as a power tube. Anyway, take a look: http://www.songworks.com/pages/1/index.htm

I'd like to hear what those of you who work on amps think.

Re: Neat little amp

I remember reading about the Rotary Wave years ago in a magazine, and I think Kirk Hammett said that he used to use an amp they made called the Little Laneili for practice. Now if I could just remember how to do statistics and speak Spanish...

Comment

I remember seeing one of those in Guitar World. I think they either did a review on it, or you could win it, or maybe both. I'd love to try one out.
      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I had a reverb pedal of theirs... it was ok. Nothing amazing. Not real sure about the amps, don't see them around here, and I build anything small I want anyways. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Pete

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          I had a reverb pedal of theirs... it was ok. Nothing amazing. Not real sure about the amps, don't see them around here, and I build anything small I want anyways. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Pete

[/ QUOTE ]

Pete, what did you think of that concept of using a preamp tube as a power tube? Or did I completely misunderstand what they were saying?

Must be great being able to build what you want! At this price, this seems like at least a good amp to consider, but I wish they made a head-only version.

Comment

I have the 33/50, a rotary wave, and the reverb pedal. The 33/50 is cool - it sounds pretty darn good. You can push a 4x12. All in the size of a lunch box.

The Rotary Wave sounds really cool. I had a Motion Sound cabinet and this Rotary Wave is way better.

The reverb pedal is very cool as well - you just have to like spring reverbs. If you are looking for a pristine digital reverb, this is not a good choice. Before I got it I was using an EH Holy Grail - this is much better than that for spring reverb sounds.
            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Looks interesting, but it would have a tough time displacing my favorite little bargain tonemonster - the Tech 21 Trademark 10 (which can also drive a 4x12, and even includes a very nice Accutronics spring reverb). Sorry, but I couldn't resist a little proselytizing. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I also have some Tech 21 products. I use a SansAmp TRI-A.C. for direct recording. It is really good stuff, but I'm hoping for a good tube amp for live stuff.

Comment

Working...
                X