help me pick a preamp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: help me pick a preamp

Tim...say it aint so bro a VHT 2150 without a tube pre?

you need tubes man...tubes [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

like these

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Get a Bogner Fish.

[/ QUOTE ]
      Another fish vote been 3 on ebay lately, probably ripe for an off ebay deal- I think one sold but 2 keep coming back up.- You might ask pat about the gp-3 or whatever its called the VHT I think he had one-

Comment

I have an old MP-1 and have never had a problem with cleans. You can get everything from old fender-ish to solid state compressed clean. And, the compression is full analog. As is the chorus. It's killer paired with the right power amp.

Comment

Any suggestions on a preamp that would give an older Fear Factory tone?

How about the best over the top Death Metal thick crunch?

I was about a second away from grabbing that VHT out of the classifieds. Snooze you loose I guess. Good luck with it, post an update about how you like it once you get your preamp added.

I have a POD XT that I can get great tones from through the PC when I record, but when I put it through my Mesa head/ Marshal 4x12 it sucks.

Comment

Fear Factory bought the first MP-1 I was eyeing at the store, but that was only about two years ago. I am friends with Dino, but I don't know what he used on the first albums.

Comment

What about the VHT GP3?
              I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

It sounded amazing when I played through one at NAMM. They just cost so damn much it's a little out of my price range right now.

Comment

From what I have tried in the past 13-14years since my first VHT 2150(I had abou 5 VHT 2150s), the best combination I found are

1.Soldano SLO100 Slave out
                  2.Bogner modified Marshall effect send out
                  3.Morin Custom preamp.

I really liked the setting of SLO100 slave out with VHT 2150.

I had a Bogner Fish with this VHT2150 and I thought it was a waste of money spending that much for a preamp.
                  Out of 4CHs, I was able to use only 2CHs(CH1 and CH3) which you almost could get the same type of sound out of Hafler/Bogner Triple Giant for $400-500 instead of $2000 Fish.

I really wanted to try with CAE preamp but never had a chance.
                  I tried with my CAE OD100(send out)but I thought the head only sounded better.

Comment

Working...
                  X