Pics of my 2 stacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pics of my 2 stacks

1st one is a Line 6 Spider 2 combo loaded with Celestion speakers. It has a stereo left and right out and I have it hooked up in stereo into a Peavey 4 x 12 cabinet loaded with 25 watt Scorpions. It is a great set up and killer loud. Great for heavy and death metal. The thump is incredible. It also gives me the option to use just the combo which is killer by itself.
    My second stack is an early Mesa Boogie Studio 22. It is running through a Randall 2 x 12 cabinet loaded with Altec Lansing 300watt whiteframe speakers. The cabinet is 8 ohms and I run it into the 8 ohm speaker jack on the Mesa. I run the internal Mesa speaker into the 4 ohm speaker jack. The only outboard effects is an Ibanez DE-7 delay in the effects loop and my custom Twisteramps preamp (or a vintage Rat Pedal) for solo boost that is also in the loop. The nicest thing about this stack is its portable and you can turn it all the way up at loud gigs. You haven't heard anything until you've heard a Studio 22 cranked. I also own a Roland Cube 30 modeling amp and a really nice Crate Acoustic/vocal amp for my coffee house gigs. The Line 6 Guitarport does the trick when I am in front of the computer.
    My Amps

Re: Pics of my 2 stacks

cool John. I usually like heads and cabs but I love the flexibility of a combo, either use it by itself, or ad any cab you can throw add it for bigger places. I use my DC-5 with a 1x12 widebody ext cab but also with a Marshall 4x12 or Bogner 4x12.
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

Very nice. I always liked hooking up my 5150 cab to my Flextone III Plus. The cabinet gives the amp that extra low end thump that the combo lacks by itself.

Comment

LOL! I gotta tell ya John, when I saw the title, I thought was about to see two full stacks of Marshalls or something side by side. You know, two stacks.
        Those pics weren't quite what I was expecting!

Comment

Chuck, my full stacks of Marshalls days are long over. I used to gig with a full stack of red Marshall cabinets and a Hiwatt head. Now I don't even want to drag around a 2 x 12 combo!!

Comment

uh oh. . . .bandwidth exceeded.

no pictures [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Yea, my free website sucks.

Comment

Here are the pics. That 4 x 12 in the first pic looks familiar.... lol.

Comment

Chris, that 4 x 12 cabinet kills. The 25 watt Scorpions sizzle. Even the rubber casters are high quality. I have done many gigs with it.

Comment

cool. glad it is working hard for ya.

Comment

Working...
                    X