Boss and Digitech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boss and Digitech

Are Boss and Digitech pedals considered "Digital"?

Im doing some major rig remodeling, and I would like to have an all "analog" rig.

Thanks!

Re: Boss and Digitech

It depends on the pedal.

Comment

Most all newer pedals are digital. If they are the older versions, they can be analog. Like jgcable said, it depends on the pedal.

Comment

Ok.

How about a 2 year old SD-1 Super Overdrive?

Can you tellthe analog Boss pedals by the knobs? Like the ones that have the 3 like

and the other ones will have
        .--------.
        |0.0.0.0.|
        .--------.
        |...........|
        ||Boss||||
        ||||||||||
        ||||||||||
        '---------'

Comment

Effects such as distortion, compression, chorus and the like are analog in nature... most pedals are analog.

The only pedal that I remember being digital were the "Digital delay" series... I dont remember if that was boss though.

Comment

While distortions are more likely to be analognot all of them are. Generally speaking the older the pedal is the more apt it is to be analog. The BOSS SD-1 is an analog overdrive, as is the Ibanez Tube Screamer, early ones at least. Best thing to do if the seller doesn't know is to look it up on Harony Central or some place like that, which has links to the manufacturers' websites.If an older pedal is digital it will probably say "digital" in it's name because when they came out we all thought digital would be way superior to analog, so the word "digital" was a big selling point. Funny how thingschange like that, huh?
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              While distortions are more likely to be analognot all of them are. Generally speaking the older the pedal is the more apt it is to be analog. The BOSS SD-1 is an analog overdrive, as is the Ibanez Tube Screamer, early ones at least. Best thing to do if the seller doesn't know is to look it up on Harony Central or some place like that, which has links to the manufacturers' websites.If an older pedal is digital it will probably say "digital" in it's name because when they came out we all thought digital would be way superior to analog, so the word "digital" was a big selling point. Funny how thingschange like that, huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, surprising.

I was sure that the SD-1 was Digital [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I had compared the schematics to a MXR Dist+, and the MXR was so simple, I assumed analog, and the SD-1 was so complicated, I assumed it was digital.

Just needed some clarification, to everyone who posted, thanks for helping me sort this out. The SD-1 stays after all (and I may even have it modded, either analogman or keeley, im leaning towards keeley.)

Instead of starting a new thread, Im thinking about selling my ME-50 (actually, Ive DECIDED to sell it) and Im thinking of the Visual Sound H20 liquid Chorus and echo to knock out both my Chorus and Delay needs.

How good is this pedal? I would like some testimony please [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
              X