Computer Speakers... what´s best?....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer Speakers... what´s best?....

I can´t believe I did a Search in this forum with the word "klipsch" and didn´t get any results....

Tell me guys, what computer speakers you consider relly outstanding and why... I dont mean for gaming but for actual high quality music playback.

Re: Computer Speakers... what´s best?....

I'm just using a stereo 100 watt per channel power amp, and a pair of Tannoy PBM 6.5 nearfield monitors. Nice and flat.

Most consumer PC Speakers (and speakers in general) will have their own character and give you exagerated freq responses that will flavor your playback way too much. Good quality Nearfield monitors will be fairly flat and give you a nice unbiased report. Often unflattering sounding, but the real deal and you get out what you put in with no alteration.

Comment

Hmmm.... probably this was not the right forum for this question...

Thanks John... I read about the Tannoy Nearfield monitors.. they seem nice.... I am considering them. I am also still trying to figure out how to ship the stuff over to Colombia.

Comment

I have heard and liked the Mackie HR824 Studio Monitor.

Comment

I have and love the Klipsch 2.1 setup. For about $150, it provides a great sounding and inexpensive way to amplify my Pod XT.

Comment

What do you want to do with it ? Is it for hearing music on your computer or is it for recording and mixing ?
            If it's for mixing you are better off with some dedicated studio monitors.

I just bought a pair of Adam P33A monitors and they are absolutely awesome.
            Here is a pic of them:

With it's double bass drivers it's able to go pretty deep. So far the best investment in recording gear i made.

Flo
            http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Comment

Since Rodrigo is around here right now i thought i bump this. I am just curious with what he ended up or is planning to get.

Flo

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I use. They're great.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

Flo. I am getting the Klipsch Promedia Ultra 5.1 set in the near future.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    I just bought a pair of Adam P33A monitors and they are absolutely awesome.
                    Here is a pic of them:

With it's double bass drivers it's able to go pretty deep. So far the best investment in recording gear i made.

Flo

[/ QUOTE ]

You are sooo funny...

ADAM Monitor price

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I use. They're great.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used the HR824s for a while until I could afford the Genelec 1031s. I had them side by side, and the HR824s were pretty close, which is a complement to Mackie, since the 824s are a 1/3 of the cost of the Genelecs. The Genelecs just gave me a better sound field in terms of depth and possitioning within the soundfield, and the bass was more controlled.

The Mackies are very nice monitors, and for the price you really can't beat them. I've not ever used them, but I understand that the little Mackies (HR624?) are pretty nice too.
                      ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

Yeah well yes i know those Adam monitors aren't exactly cheap. But the link you posted is for the S3A which are the "more professional" version of mine. You can see the P-series as the cheap series. And here in germany (since Adam is from germany) they aren't so expensive like in america.
                        Although i paid 2000 Euros (that's $2600) which is of course very expensive but those are very serious mixing monitors.
                        And the Mackie HR824 also aren't exactly what you can call cheap [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Flo

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          What do you want to do with it ? Is it for hearing music on your computer or is it for recording and mixing ?

[/ QUOTE ]

It is to hear music and also for recording.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            Flo. I am getting the Klipsch Promedia Ultra 5.1 set in the near future.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have this setup and it is VERY LOUD.I bought them for listening to music and playing video games.Very cool to play a game in surround sound.They do not break up as you get louder it just reaches a point and that is it.No distortion or rattling form the speakers.I would highly recommend them.
                            Mike
                            --------------------------------------------------------------------
                            SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

I used the HR824s for a while until I could afford the Genelec 1031s. I had them side by side, and the HR824s were pretty close, which is a complement to Mackie, since the 824s are a 1/3 of the cost of the Genelecs. The Genelecs just gave me a better sound field in terms of depth and possitioning within the soundfield, and the bass was more controlled.

The Mackies are very nice monitors, and for the price you really can't beat them. I've not ever used them, but I understand that the little Mackies (HR624?) are pretty nice too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mmmmm, Genelecs... [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

Working...
                              X