Box For Shipping Amplifier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Box For Shipping Amplifier

OK guys, I am shipping out my VHT Pittbull amp very soon and nead a good box for shipping it in. First off, does anyone have one near Pittsburgh,PA. I could have. Second, if not, what do you all suggest? I beleive a 2x12 cabinet box would work or maybe a Peavey 5150 amp box, my VHT is big. Thanks-Jack.

Re: Box For Shipping Amplifier

Be really careful Jack. I would suggest removing the tubes too. Go to the local music store or a Home Depot. They will hook you up.

Comment

Hit up your local music stores for such a box.
      If none of them will help you out (sometimes
      they can be pricks) go to an appliance store
      and find the closest size box you can. Measure the amp before looking, and take a measuring tape with you. If you're feeling adventurous buy a heavy-duty utility knife (boxcutter) and a roll of tape, cut the box to size and tape the schite out of it.
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

pull the tubes, bubble wrap them, tape it all up

bubble wrap the amp, secure the cord

Put the amp in a box that fits fairly tightly

Put THAT box in a bigger box, filled with plenty of bubble wrap or trash bags full of packing peanuts. You don't want just packing peanuts, as they can settle - that's why you put em in bags first. Plus it's not a huge mess to open up then either.

It's a real pain to ship a larger amp - but it's an even worse pain to not pack something well and have to file a claim.

Pete

Comment

Do what Twister says. I shipped my VHT combo like this:

Removed and individually bubblewrapped all tubes. Put them in a box, in back of the amp.

Bubblewrapped the living hell out of the amp.

Got some sturdy styrofoam corners from a Sony Monitor box from work.

Bought a sheet of really dense yet pliable foam from an industrial shipping store. Bought a big ass double walled box from them as well.

Put the foam on all 6 sides of the box. Put the bubblewrapped amp inside. Filled it all with peanuts and other pieces of random foam.

What you need to do is make sure the amp itself is bubblewrapped. That should float inside a sturdy box. The corners are what needs protecting. If there's sheets of thick ass foam lining all the sides then that will transfer any blows to the box straight to the amp. Hope this makes sense.

Comment

Working...
          X