tweed fender pro junior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tweed fender pro junior

I just got one and was wondering are theses amp class A? It has 2 el84 & 2 12ax7 is it Fenders answer to a Vox Ac15?

Re: tweed fender pro junior

Close. This is my favorite little combo amp. The best thing you can do for this amp is yank out the sock speaker try and find a Celestion Vintage 10. That speaker just sounds amazing in the Pro Jr. If you can't find one of those, call up Weber - they have a few that fit the bill nicely. I'm hearing good things about the Eminence Red Coats as well.
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

This one has a Blue frame speaker in it and it sounds fine to me.

Comment

Tim I think the tweed ones have different speakers than the black ones do...the beat up, relic'd ones have a different speaker too.

Comment

Alright is this a class A or a class AB amp?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            sock speaker

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="yellow">What the HELL is a "sock speaker" [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Is that where retired Fruit of the Loom inspectors go [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Sorry big guy...couldn't resist [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font>

Comment

If it's super low gain then it's class A.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Tim I think the tweed ones have different speakers than the black ones do...the beat up, relic'd ones have a different speaker too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd heard some models had better speakers - I thought it was the Woody's.

- Newc

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Alright is this a class A or a class AB amp?

[/ QUOTE ]

It is Class A.

- Newc

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    [ QUOTE ]
                    sock speaker

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="yellow">What the HELL is a "sock speaker" [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Is that where retired Fruit of the Loom inspectors go [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Sorry big guy...couldn't resist [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh come on, a sock speaker?!?!? YOU don't know what a sock speaker is?!?!?!? Sheesh. I thought you knew something about gear. EVERYONE knows what a sock speaker is. I think it's time for you to get back to basics. I'm done with this. Can someone explain to Sam what a sock speaker is - I don't have time to go on and on about this sort of thing. I really have other important things to do.

You got me devil dog. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

- Newc

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      If it's super low gain then it's class A.

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm, no. Twisteramps or someone else can explain this correctly I'm sure but I know that class A vs. class A/B has to do with whether or not the power runs continuous (A) or cycles on and off (A/B). There are plenty of low gain A/B amps and I've heard some smokin' class A's. Although I believe most of the higher output and insane gain amps are A/B.

- Newc

Comment

thats how I understand it Tim and I'm far from what other amp folk around here know on this topic. on A Class, the tubes are "in use" whether you play a note or not and A/B Class they are only "in use" when you play a note. They aren't efficient on terms of tube life but they sound damn great when they heat up [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Some amps have the option to run either or. VHT has the A or A/B switch and its an option on some Bogners.
                        shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
                        X