Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Guitar Center Amps

[ QUOTE ]
    I agree with you about the setup thing though. I've put several guitars in the shop only to have them kicked back out with an email from my ops manager telling me that only certain high-end guitars are to be set up by the tech and the rest of them are to be set up by us salesmen. I think that's bullshit, I don't have time to sell and do the other stuff they ask to do and set up a guitar at the same time, sorry.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Heh. My local GC doesn't even do setups in their store. They ship repairs and setups out to one or two other local mom & pop shops. The one shop is about a mile down the road and the other shop where most of the amp repairs are done is about 30 mintues or so up north. GC sucks ass!!!
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

GC is just a big store full o crap I go to for guitar strings...and drumsticks..

But I may have to go there and buy my boy his own little guitar combo for his room..he always wants to plug into my monstrosities..and it's a bit of a pain...he need his own.

OK could someone suggest to me what is the best bang for the buck for little combo with the delays already built in and enough distortion to at least be able to "shred"....something like a little line 6 amp...?

I would appreciate any suggestions..something easy to use for around 200 bucks..hows that 40 wt Randall Dimebag combo ...does that suck...it's just for the boy to plink on..but I'll play with it too. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

HD147s are in most GCs.
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I've never seen or played an amp in any guitar store that I liked. I always have to go to a friends house or studio to find good amps. It sucks.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

I would appreciate any suggestions..something easy to use for around 200 bucks..hows that 40 wt Randall Dimebag combo ...does that suck...it's just for the boy to plink on..but I'll play with it too. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd recommend a Tech 21 Trademark series amp.

Comment

line6 spider i think they got one for under 2 that has effects

Comment

When I visited Sully in Dallas, we went to two GCs... One had a custom SLO 100 and several (I mean SEVERAL) Matchless and Badcat amps. Also some cool older JCM800 and earlier Marshalls. Hey, I was impressed. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Pete

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  When I visited Sully in Dallas, we went to two GCs... One had a custom SLO 100 and several (I mean SEVERAL) Matchless and Badcat amps. Also some cool older JCM800 and earlier Marshalls. Hey, I was impressed. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Pete

[/ QUOTE ]

You probably went to the two I mentioned, th eone one close to where he lives (or if he still lives out there) would be the Plano store. The Central Dallas store is the cooler store and its about 20 minutes away from the Plano store.
                  shawnlutz.com

Comment

/\ /\ /\ I go to the central Dallas one all the time. It is the only one of the 3 dallas area GC's with a used section (where all the best stuff is found [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] )

GC does suck gear-wise. Good for getting strings and accessories, but thats about it. The acoustic section is nice though.

The amp selection is limited, IMO Boogies are bleh, JCM2000's are bleh, Fender's overdrive are bleh, so what else is there? oh yes....Crate.....Such a cold twangy sound.

Although, the older blue voodoos (not the really old ones) but there was one generation between the old ones and the current blue voodoos that I really liked. They dont have them anymore though.

GC is annoying, but at least you can move around in it. The 2 Zoo musics are awesome for gear selection, but all the amps are non-accessable, clumsily piled in the front of the store, covered in dust, grime, dead rats, and crud.

Larry Morgan music is my favorite. Great amps, great guitars, (not just import models, they carry lots of the high end stuff, they are the only people that carry things like the 25th anniversary Charvel.)

Comment

I just head straight for the Roland JC-120's to check out a guitar. I want to hear the guitar clean and the 120's are as clean as it gets.
                      ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

You guys should shop at my store. Boogie, Crate, Marshall, Line 6, Laney, Roccaforte, Diezel, Vox... that's the good stuff!! I have to admit though, running 2 stores is a ton of work. I can't even imagine what it's like to run 100+ locations and still maintain a high level of service and keep the inventory clean. That's got to be a nightmare!
                        Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Working...
                        X