jgcable Crybaby mods rule!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jgcable Crybaby mods rule!

I just got my Crybaby back from John. It is a 20 year old pedal that I was about to throw out and I remembered that John does work on them. I contacted John via pm and he got right back to me and said to send it to him.

Onto the mods. He installed an input jack for external power. Great. I hate changing batteries. He did the Hendrix mod(68K) and the Mid Boost mod (2.2K). He applied appropriate lableing on the bottom of the case and installed a battery clip in case I use it outside my pedal board.

Now onto the sound. I would post a clip, except I suck and I don't know how to make a recording on the computer to boot. So I plug this thing in set on clean channel and just strum a few chords and work the pedal a bit. The heel position is quite warm like a neck pickup on a LP. The toe position is bright and sharp without being too harsh. But where this pedal shines is in the middle to near toe position. Holy crap. It sounds great. The sweep of the wah effect is a million times better than it used to be to my ears.
    If anyone has been considering getting their wah modded by John, do it. You will be happy you did.
    The turn around was inside a week. John has great communication skills and will do exactly as you ask. All, for what I considered a stupid cheap price.
    Thanks John. You ROCK!!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] He truly is JG Capable!!
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Re: jgcable Crybaby mods rule!

John is, in fact, a God among JCF-gods. Sorry, I should have posted that in the feedback.

Keith
    The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

I traded John some tubes for a Hendrix 68k vocal mod he did on a Crybaby... man, does it rule!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thanks guys. I appreciate the cool words. I do love working in wah pedals especially the GCB-95 and 100's.

Comment

Hey John, do you do true bypass?
          Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Hey John, do you do true bypass?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

Comment

Hmm... I have this Crybaby sitting around. Hmm...

Mike

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Hmm... I have this Crybaby sitting around. Hmm...

Mike

[/ QUOTE ]
                Mike, I have worked on Wahs for years and IMHO, the true bypass is overrated. Most Crybaby's that I have worked on really showed no noticeable difference when converted to true bypass, especially if the buffering circuit is modded slightly. I (and most) actually prefer the slight change they make to the guitar signal path. They really aren't tone suckers like many people claim.

Comment

I actually already have a true bypass modded one, and I like the slight high-end difference from a standard one when bypassed - I use a very bright, aggressive tone, though.

Now, changing the buffering I could see making a difference. I had a Bad Horsie, and the buffer was very nice and transparent.

Comment

Crybaby's are very tweakable.

Comment

Working...
                    X