Amps you miss.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Amps you miss.....

I miss my Soldano HR50XL . Near impossible to find around here . Great sounding amp . I still have the 4x12 though [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]
    Oh stick this in your fuse box ..... Bon Scott

Comment

My BLUE Marshall 6100 Anniversary Half stack.
      I had one of the collectible ones with the polished brass chassis. #31

Miss that amp bad.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        I miss my Soldano HR50XL . Near impossible to find around here . Great sounding amp . I still have the 4x12 though [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

where on Earth do you live? They are on eBay all the time
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          [ QUOTE ]
          I miss my Bogner mod Marhsall I originally ordered in 92-3.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doh Doh Doh [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

Tim Rose owns a Bogner modded 50 watt JMP in a Bogner small box that is the best high gain amp I've ever heard, hands down.

Steve E

[/ QUOTE ]

That could be the one I am talking about.
          I sold it to your friend(Jason) around 1999-2000.

It used to have a Black Marshall headshell case, then I added a White Bogner logo,recovered with Purple Tolex back in 93 or 4.
          I took it to Bogner around 1998 and had him to change the front panel,Green light,pin switches and new headshell case with Bogner logo.

The amp was originally modified by Bogner(I asked to have John Sykes,Lynch type sound).
          It sounded great!
          I had another person to change few things and ended up sounding very different.
          When I took it to Bogner, Bogner himself was bit confused if the amp was modded by him or not because some stuff have been changed and he didn't recognize.
          It sounded VERY heavy and thick.
          Maybe the thickest tone you will ever hear.
          I was unable to play that beast.
          That was why I sold it but sure some people will love it.
          This was before Uber came out.

Anyway, if the amp you are talking about is pictured in one of Tim's Bogner collection 1-2years ago, yes that was mine and I originally sold it to Jason.

I miss that amp the way it sounded right after I got it back from Bogner in 92-3.
          Pure Bogner sound.
          Something between XTC CH2 and CH3.
          [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Yep, sounds like thats the Mogner.

Steve, if you cant swing that deal, lemme know OK? I would loooooooove to turn my 101b into a 100!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              I was listening Aerosmith's Rocks the other day & some of those tones really made me miss this little modded silverface Fender Champ that I used to have.

It had such a raw sounding natural kind of breakup that responded so well to the little nuances & intensity of your playing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Brian, PM sent about my Torres modded SF Champ.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                So, right now I've got a Bogner XTC 101b, a Bogner Metropolis and an Aiken Sabre thats a recent addition...jobs (or lack of..) and finances have determined either the Sabre or the 101b is going to have to go ( the Metro is spoken for too...)...I'm leaning towards keeping the Sabre - incredible amp.

Anyway - I got to thinking about all the woulda / shoulda / coulda's with my gear history and thought about amps I sold that I miss. The one I came up with that I totally miss is my Splawn modded Marshall 1987x....that amp was / is just insane and is currently in the hands of Krashdparty (Jerry) and is getting some Texas style lovin' [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Brian Harris of Charley's Music, a confirmed Bogner Slut, wanted to buy the amp from Jerry on the spot when he first heard it and has since ordered one....

Thats the one I miss, the Splawn...

What about youse guys [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Steve E

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't worry his new Peo Mod's and Quick Rod's sound even better!!! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Derek

Comment

I miss my whole set up..ENGL preamp into Sessionbass then from there into two peavey effects proc...You could everything from that..metal rock funk...even some badass bass sounds..one day I hope to get a set up like that back, You dont relise what you got till its gone

Ox

Comment

Working...
                  X