Fuchs Amps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuchs Amps

Has anyone played through one what do you think?

Re: Fuchs Amps

Yes, I've played through one. They are nice, no doubt about it.

Very spendy, though, and I think most of them are fairly low wattage.

If you want to play one, go to the American Guitar Boutique in St. Paul. They have quite a few in stock, and are more than happy to let you play them. They'll even set one up in a private room if you are self-conscious about playing in front of people.

Worth a listen, if you're rich.

- E.
    Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

And if you go to the American Guitar Boutique, ask them if the still have the Zwengel Banshee 2x12 combo and give that a listen. Zwengel amps seriously rock. The Banshee is a two-channel amp that has an incredible vintage clean/crunch channel, and an awesome high gain channel. For a very good price.

- E.
      Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

I didn't know there was a dealer in the cities Thanks.

Comment

Fuchs are modded dumble clones... Andy Fuchs actually owned dumble.com for awhile, and had it point to his business. *!*

I thought most of them were 60 watts or so... never heard of any low wattage ones. Andy also does amp mods, I believe it's around $700 and up. He will mod mostly fenders, but other amps too... Basically he strips em and uses the transformer and chassis, everything else gets gutted.

He also has his own amp line, and those are pretty spendy.

www.fuchsaudiotechnology.com

Pete

Comment

I had one for a while--really nice amp. Great clean sound, very smooth sounding overdrive. Not a high gain monster, very subtle sounding. Great for SRV, Eric Johnon types of tones. They have one of the best effects loops going, too.

Comment

Riscchip, was your's a mod of another amp or a production model. Was it a 100 watt 0r 50 watt head and what options did you have on this amp? I'm not looking for high gain amp. I use a JMP Marshall and I'm looking for something more articulate and responsive.

Comment

Mine was a modded Deluxe Reverb, about 20 watts. Not one of the production heads, but they were all too powerful for my taste. It had all of the options. It was an incredibly smooth and articulate amp. Very dynamic with a great master volume. I'm sitting here typing this and trying to remember why I sold it. As far as comparing it to a production model goes...I haven't spent enough meaningful time with one to say, but my Fuchs mod could sound just like the clips of the production models easily. I think a lot of the difference in tone between various Fuchs amps--mods or production models--has to do with speakers. The DRRI's speaker didn't really nail the sound, but as soon as I started messing with speakers I was getting real close (sorry, don't remember which speakers were my favorite).

So...I'd look into the modded amps because you can save some serious coin, and they're easy to resell if you're not happy with them. The Fender mods have the best sounding output trannies, from what I hear.

Comment

Working...
                X