MY IDEA WORKED!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MY IDEA WORKED!!

I've had an idea for awhile that I've been wanting to try out, and today I did it!! I finally had my pedals arranged in the way that I like, and I've been looking into pedalboards. My idea was to use the back panel for my rack as a pedalboard. I just used velcro to fasten my pedals in place to the inside of my back rack panel, and now I can just take the back panel off, set it on the floor, plug in my AC to the rack, plug in my speaker cabinet, and I'm ready to go!! All the connections between the pedalboard and the rack stay in place. So far the velcro has held the pedals in place well, but I haven't tested it out on tour yet. The upside is that I can set up my rig, with the extra amp, plus my recording rig which uses the same compressor(which is in my rack) and the same power(Furman) as my guitar rig. It takes about three minutes to set up all of it, with the recording stuff. The main rig I can set up in about ninety seconds!! The downside is that now my rack weighs about 90 lbs.

The fastest I ever got the BRMC rig up was 20 minutes. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Re: MY IDEA WORKED!!

Of course we'll need to see pics of this insanely cool creation. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Sounds intriguing indeed!

Comment

Not much of a creation really, just a back panel and some velcro. I am thinking about mounting a piece of hard plastic in there, with screws through the cover and rubber feet on the bottom. That would give the pedals a better footing, and I would use rubber washers to keep it watertight.

Comment

How hard it to step on any one pedal?? Looks like the edge of the back panel may get in the way (or it may just be the pic).

Comment

I actually like the edge of the back panel there, I can pivot my foot on it instead of floating my foot in the air before I hit the pedal.

Comment

Cool, Ace!
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

The guys in Hopesfall had their pedals stuck in the back of Road Ready-style rack covers like you've got. Neither of them used racks though so who knows where they came from.

Comment

When I find the backs of my racks, I'll try that...

Comment

Ummm... if you need an estimate for me to be your guitar tech, we're looking at around $600/day. You can't seriously gig with all that sh!t, do you? I thought your rig was in two smaller racks, one for the VHT and one for everything else.

Comment

Gotcha! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Yeah Ace, ya fell for that one [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Seriously though, I'd like to be outside watching the meter when you turned on everything in that room at once [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      Bet ya could use it as a table saw [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I can hear it now "Hey buddy, I've got a 60Hz hum somewhere, wanna help me find it?"

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Yeah it's probably the sound of the meter turning [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I wonder what would compel someone to actually plug all that crap up, then take a photo, only to unplug it all? I mean, I'll do just about anything for a laugh, but damn, that's alot of work [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          I imagine unplugging it was fun too - "Oh, wait, which ones are we supposed to leave plugged in?" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
                          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

It looks like they have a problem with those rubber-web spinning spiders again. I think I'd suffer from vertigo trying to figure that crap out.

Comment

Holy crap, John. Yeah, ugh, niiice rig. (yeah, I know its a joke).
                              That looks like the stuff the Sarge works on (but his wires are A LOT neater). That's freakin' insane! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Ace- clever idea you got yourself there. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Em

Comment

Working...
                              X