Need cab suggestions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need cab suggestions.

I traded the stuff that I couldn't sell in the classifieds in and got store credit at Daddy's Junky Music. I want to get a 2x12 cab to use as an extension to my Vetta II combo. I need suggestions on a good 2x12 cab that will sound good with the Vetta. I'd like to keep the cost under $400. Thanx guys!

Re: Need cab suggestions.

Mesa Recto 2x12. You should have just sold your stuff on eBay. Cash in hand goes a lot further than an in stroe credit for retail priced new stuff...case in point (only because you mentioned the $400) I scored a Soldano 4x12 on eBay for $315 and it has grey tolex and casters [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

damnit, things like those soldanos will go for at least the DOUBLE of that in euro's, more often even MORE than that... cabs are STINKING expensive over here and I really need one as well, 1*12" cab is not enough for a band with medium small gigs [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Harrald

Comment

get a vertical recto 2x12

you'll be pleased i promise
        Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Why not see if they have the Line 6 Vetta Closed Back Cab--really well built cab with nice handles--I never got it only because it was flat sounding with non Vetta amps.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

They are discontinued, but Peavey made a vertical 2x12 cab a few years back. They also had a 2x12 horizontal cab with Sheffield speakers and a metal grill, which I believe was pushed as an extension cab for the 5150 combo or Ultra, called the 212M. I have one that I use with a Jackson Apogee 50 combo, and am quite happy with it.
            sigpic

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              damnit, things like those soldanos will go for at least the DOUBLE of that in euro's, more often even MORE than that... cabs are STINKING expensive over here and I really need one as well, 1*12" cab is not enough for a band with medium small gigs [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Harrald

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm picking up two Marshall 4x12 1960 cabs decked with celestion 30's for 450 euros, here in Belgium! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
              You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Joe, you will probably be limited to what they have in stock, or what they carry, so...what are your choices?

Comment

Daddy's Junky Music specializes in used gear. They also carry Marshall, Peavey, and Line 6. The entire list of used gear is at www.Daddys.com. Thanx for the ideas so far guys!

Comment

I've never heard of a closed back Vetta 2x12. The only one they have on the site is the open back.

Comment

I thought the vetta needed a cab that is voiced flat? No coloration to sound best?

You should probably bring your vetta in to try it with the available cabs...

Comment

I'll probably end up doing that after the holidays.

Comment

Line6 2x12 would be a good combination.
                          I had 3 Mesa Rect 2x12s and the sounded great when cranked up.

Comment

Working...
                          X