Speakers in a Soldano 4x12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speakers in a Soldano 4x12

Does anyone know what spearkers come in a Soldano 4x12cab and what their watt raings are? I just got one in today and since its front loaded I don't really feel like removing a speaker right now [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] The cab has some thump yet is still kinda bright.

This was a good eBay deal for $315
    shawnlutz.com

Re: Speakers in a Soldano 4x12

I think these are Soldano speakers.
    I never liked them.
    Very bright sounding.
    I also had a Soldano cab with 2 Vintage 30's and sounded much better.

Comment

Did Eminence make those speakers for Soldano?

Comment

Thanks Toru. I don't think they are too bad, sort of remind me of the 75 watt Celestions but had more punch. I'll pull one out tomorrow to see if it has any markings on it.
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

I would contact Soldano. They have great customer service.

Comment

I did some research and found they are Eminence Legends.

Comment

They are made by Eminence to Soldano's specs (if you believe their marketing). Jazzman is probably right about them being Legends and branded Soldano.
              www.sandimascharvel.com

Comment

Yep. Eminence legends.

Comment

Thanks guys....
                  shawnlutz.com

Comment

well my curiosity got to me so I removed each...someone must have changed them all out for Celestion Vintage 30's. This cab has some serious thump to it. This is my first front loaded cab so I don't kmow if its a result of that or what. I'm using my VHT with it, although it sounds good, the VHT sounds better with the Bogner 4x12 and they both have V30's in them.
                    shawnlutz.com

Comment

For those interested Bill from Soldano answered my question about what speakers are in their cabs.

"The speakers we are using now are the legend V12-16.We have used other types in the past, Celestion Vintage 30's originally, and after that some Eminence speakers of our own specification, which were darker than Celestions. These were the X-12000 and S-12X. You can determine
                      if your cab has Celestion Vintage 30's without removing the speakers, just
                      pull off the grille and look at the dust domes in the center. If they are
                      Celestions you will see where the two wires go through the cone, just
                      outside the dust domes. On the Eminence speakers you will not see these as
                      they are under the dome. But you would need to remove a speaker to see which Eminences you have"
                      shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
                      X