My new AVT50H arrived today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new AVT50H arrived today...

Just in time to be "thankful"..J/K..it finally arrived today. I haven't got to turn it up much, but it sounds pretty good so far. I think 50 watts is a bit under rated though, it's loud. So far, I like it. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: My new AVT50H arrived today...

i still say bang for the buck the valvestates are the best deal going

Comment

I really like my VS8040 40 watt 1x12" combo. It's amazing what that one little 12AX7 can do! Yours is a good-looking amp too, got that JCM look! Congratulations and enjoy it!

Rich
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

by the way for a nice metal tone crank the preamp and use a tube screamer or boss super od with the level all the way up and the drive a little less than a quarter. realy makes a huge difference

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it. Thanks lerx

Comment

Theres a pic of my Charvel 475 and my Epi LP Standard next to my AVT50 combo. It really is one of the best amps I've ever played, better than a lousy TSL.

I only paid 250 bucks for mine too ;D

Comment

Man I like that 475...I have a 375...me and the amp are getting more quality time...and I think we may be good friends.

Comment

alot of people bash them because they arent all tube but they really do sound pretty damn good. its no bogner but its not three grand either. i got my avt50 combo for 400 brand new.and it sounds great. maybe a tsl601 sounds better but not three times better and thats the price difference 400 vs 1200

Comment

I own an AVT-50 combo too, my first nice practice amp (I hated my Rage 158 which I sold after two months to get the AVT).

It sounds definitely better than the MG series.
                  However, I had and still have issues with the footswitch, sometimes the clean channel "flickers" over to the overdrive channel.
                  I even got a new footswitch under warranty but after a while the problem occured again. Since I only use it in the bedroom now I just live with it. Judging from reviews (HC and such) alot of people got this problem. I hope this doesn't happen with your half stack, I would HATE something like this to happen while playing live.

I paid 620 EURO for it back then. I don't consider it to be the best value for money... if I had the choice again I would get a Peavey Bandit II which costs less and sounds even better IMO.

BTW, one important hint: I've owned the AVT-50 for 2 1/2 years now, using it like every day; and during the last 6 months I just grew to hate its sound. To thin and buzzy, just sounded more and more bad to my ears....

... until I finally had the idea to get a new preamp tube... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  After all, it wasn't my ear that developed, but the preamp tube wearing out. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                  Now I like it again and the urge to throw it away and get a Peavey Bandit is pretty much gone.
                  http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

My amp is probably 2-3 years old, I bought it 6 months ago used.

You think I should get a new 12ax7 tube for it?

Comment

The 12ax7s usually last awhile. It's the power tubes you have to check.
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

12AX7's can last for decades.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          The 12ax7s usually last awhile. It's the power tubes you have to check.

[/ QUOTE ]

it dont be gotten no power tubes, its a solid state power section [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                          shawnlutz.com

Comment

I've got an AVT100 combo I use at home.....It's too quiet for gigging. Great sounding amp but just not loud enough.

I bought a JCM900 50 watt 2X12 for live...volume wise it smokes the AVT but the AVT makes a lovely home amp.

Comment

ive actually thought about throwing in a different preamp tube to see if it makes a difference might be interesting

Comment

Working...
                              X