VooDoo Labs amp switcher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VooDoo Labs amp switcher

I have 4 amps that I like having on and switching between them all. Has anyone tried the Voodoo Labs switcher and if so how are they?

Any other reasonably priced 1x4 switching devices out there?
    shawnlutz.com

Re: VooDoo Labs amp switcher

I had the Voodoo Labs amp switcher at one point.....VERY nice transparent unit that works every bit as well as is claimed. When using pedals or something like this in the signal the thing that always seems to disappear are fifth order harmonics...not with this unit. I paid like $325.00 for it and got $285.00 off ebay when I sold it after deciding I like it simple...as in plug straight into one amp and play. It is a top notch unit I'm sure you would be happy with.

Comment

Shawn,
      Never tried the voodoo switcher,but I have the cae amp switcher-new they are $849.00 but wait time sucks sometimes
      The other guitar player in my band was using a Headtrip switcher it was ok worked well-I think he paid $650.00
      Anyway heres the site with the info
      http://www.soundsculpture.com/products/headtrip.htm
      Hope this helps

Comment

Thanks Tooling and Tony. I just want something simple but not tone sucking just for switching when dicking round, easy to compare heads and cabs to one another. I usually go straight guitar to amp but when I want to play them all its kind of a pain putting them in stand-by...moving the cable over taking out of standby every time I want switch.

Tony I heard great things about the CAE but for the price of that I could have buy another amp head, HR50+, 2204 etc hehe. I think if I were gigging with 4 I would consider it but then again I'd probably only use 2 amps anyway. The head trip looks pretty cool.

Thanks again...

-Shawn
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

Check Axess. Mario, is truly the man. And a class act in all ways. He'll take time to talk to you on the phone and make sure you get what you need to do what you want and make sure you understand it and get it working when you get it too. I just can't say enough good things about this guy. I have their products, they are top notch and competing with CAE easily.

I would not personally look anywhere else at this time. If not for the quality, but also for the personal support and a guy that cares about you and your craft.

http://www.axess-electronics.com

In particular, the head switcher:
          http://www.axess-electronics.com/_hs2.htm

Comment

Shawn - I've got the Voodoo Lab Amp Switcher here and it's great. I just used one of these a couple weeks ago when I was doing a recording project and it worked well, without altering my tone or gain. I ran a Dual Rectifier 1/2 stack and a DSL100 1/2 stack together and found the Amp Switcher extremely easy to operate.

Drop me a line if you need a price.

Matt [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Matt's Music Center
            35 Pleasant St
            Weymouth MA 02190 USA
            781-335-0700
            www.mattsmusic.com
            Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Working...
            X