Bogner Überschall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bogner Überschall

Is it possible to custom order the Überschall with two heavy channels instead of one gain and one "clean"?

I don't think the Über clean sounds all that good, besides, I will be using a Fender 65 Twin Reverb for clean sounds, so I won't be needing a clean sound anyway.

So, is it possible to order an Überschall with two individual, yet identical channels? Soundwise it is what I have been looking for, but I "need" two identical gain channels.

Thanks
    I have no eyes, fuck-mook!

Re: Bogner Überschall

well I'm sure you could have whatever you want as long as you are willing to pay for it and wait for it. I haven't played the Uber but I heard the clean channel is supposed ot be pretty good and better than the clean on the Ecstasy's (which I think is pretty good too but clean isn't my thang).

I have an amp that has pretty similar gain channels, voiced fairly close to another, its the VHT Pitbull 50 CL w/EQ. Its a 2 channel amp but has two gain channels and no real clean channel
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

Hi Geir!
      Long time no hear! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Aren't you still using the Lee Jackson head I shipped you a few months ago?
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Hi Geir!
        Long time no hear! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Aren't you still using the Lee Jackson head I shipped you a few months ago?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
        I love it. Excellent amp, but, if I ever get my hands on the insane amount of money I need to buy an Überschall, then it would be perfect.

The Lee Jackson is brilliant. And it has two identical channels, btw. No clean there [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]. The Lee Jackson is amazing, but, the Über I think would be even more perfect. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

PS: How is the Rhoads doing?

Comment

Just bought a nice Jackson hard shell case for her.

Comment

I think anything is possible.
            Why not to contact Bogner?

BTW, why do you need 2 identical CHs in 1 head?
            To set 1CH for soloing?
            Maybe you could get a volume boost mod.

Comment

Sounds great, Ron! Can hardly wait! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Well, yeah, I guess contacting Bogner would probably be the best. Does anyone have any idea what it might cost? Or, if you guys have no idea, do you think it would be cheaper than buying another one? I hope so... I was considering the Framus Cobra (?) as well, if anyone has any feedback on that one.

1 channel for soloing that's my intention, yes. Does anyone know what would a similar mod cost?

Thanks for all the replies so far.

Comment

Solo Switch(boost the volume level) mod was like $100 or so.
                Then you could ask them for a additional footswitch to control that that would be another $100-200.

Contacting(phone) the Bogner will simply answer all your questions in 5mins.
                [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I posted a bunch of stuff on my Framus Cobra. Do a search in this section. Also check out the Harmony Central reviews. For the most part, I agree with the reviews. Also go to www.rocksolidamps.com and listen to Derek's Framus soundclips. I almost bought a Uber but felt the Framus was a little more versatile. The Uber is a killer amp for sure though.

Comment

Guys, KE is in Sweden. Gathering as much info as possible before doing the long-distance phone thing.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Guys, KE is in Sweden. Gathering as much info as possible before doing the long-distance phone thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I live in Norway [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

But, yeah, I prefer having the most possible info together before contacting, so thanks.

dinkyjacksonman: That sounds great! And I'll check out some more Cobra clips as well.

Thanks for great replies, guys!

Comment

Oops, well it's one of those black metal countries up there! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Hahaha! Well, Norway is the big Black Metal country. Mostly death from Sweden. Lots of great bands in both countries, though.

Listened to some Cobra clips just now. Found some Diezel Herbert clips as well. Still, I favour the Über. Definitely.

Comment

I just got rid of my Uber, I found the cleans to be very sterile, and too "stiff" for leads...also in a 2 guitar band, all the bass the Uber puts out gets lost in the mix....I now have an xtc which is an absolutely amazing amp (so so for metal). IMHO I prefer the Engl Fireball to the Uber, cleans are waaay better, and I prefer the rhythm and lead sounds....

When I had my Uber I hardly ever switched out of the dirty channel, all you have to do is to roll back the volume on your guitar and it cleans up reasonably well...for a volume boost for solos, I used a GE7 worked like a charm...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Solo Switch(boost the volume level) mod was like $100 or so.
                              Then you could ask them for a additional footswitch to control that that would be another $100-200.

Contacting(phone) the Bogner will simply answer all your questions in 5mins.
                              [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really know obscenely much about tube amps, but a volume boost would boost the gain a little as well, right?

etohk: As I mentioned, I am not buying it for the clean channel. I am going to be using Fender '65 Twin Reverb for clean. I disagree with you, however, on the issue of clean / rhythm sounds. Hear it, and I prefer the Über. But thanks for the reply!

Comment

Working...
                              X