Bogner Überschall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bogner Überschall

I said more versatile than it gets credit for. And I was specifically talking about using the guitar volume knob to get in-between tones. As for the loop, I use a g major and have no problems at all. The G major has input and output levels. Also Bogner always uses the ch vol for loop send. If your levels are off, turn down the channel volume and turn up the master. In this way you can match volumes with the clean and dirty channels as well.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      I actually really like the Uber but felt it wouldn't cover enough ground for me as I like a wide varity of metal and not too much of the modern sounding overly gainy stuff. I liked the Shiva too but it didn't get mean enough for me. I was considering the Uber or Shiva but figured I just bite the bullet and get a 101B.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a 101b and find that it really doesnt do metal that well...Its got plenty of gain in the red channel but I find its too compressed and "saggy" for quick palm muting. I love this amp...just not for metal. Cleans and leads sound awesome...I will be recording my leads with it very soon, and using the fireball for rhythm....What type of metal do you play with it?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        I said more versatile than it gets credit for. And I was specifically talking about using the guitar volume knob to get in-between tones. As for the loop, I use a g major and have no problems at all. The G major has input and output levels. Also Bogner always uses the ch vol for loop send. If your levels are off, turn down the channel volume and turn up the master. In this way you can match volumes with the clean and dirty channels as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, IMHO The Uber does not repsond well at all to rolling back the volume knob. Actually very few highgain amps respond well at all to volume pot changes, especially amps like the Uber which have 6 preamp gain stages running constantly on the lead channel. Basically it's just too much preamp gain to tame. The G-Major does work pretty good with the Uber, unfourtunately I think most of the FX on the G-Major sound like ass (YMMV). I tried all sorts different settings with my Eventide Eclipse, and the Uber & the Eclipse just didn't like each other, but the Eclipse sounds great with any VHT or Diezel I've run it thru. This is also why Bogner now has added a send level control on all new Ubers. BTW I tried all sorts of different volumes settings, inlcuding turning down the channel volumes and maxing the global MV. If you call Bogner, even they will admit there is a big volume difference if you crank the lead channel volume to 12:00 or higher. If you're playing at home, no biggie, but if you gig with this amp, you're SOL. Basically for $2400, a user shouldn't have to put up with these "issues" IMHO.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Well even though that may be a very legitimate point to some Wizard..

But for dudes like me who are just a shredder hack ...I only use the dirty channel anywhoo...

[/ QUOTE ]

That's mighty expenesive for one single channel. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Ozz, that's ulitmately why I went with the Framus. The clean channel issues and the 1 dirty channel for me didn't warrant the price. It's a KILLER sounding amp and I'd love to own one but for the money, I felt the Framus was a way better deal.

Comment

"That's mighty expenesive for one single channel amp".

...well It's a one track amp for a one track mind.....but it's a hell of a track.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                [ QUOTE ]
                I actually really like the Uber but felt it wouldn't cover enough ground for me as I like a wide varity of metal and not too much of the modern sounding overly gainy stuff. I liked the Shiva too but it didn't get mean enough for me. I was considering the Uber or Shiva but figured I just bite the bullet and get a 101B.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a 101b and find that it really doesnt do metal that well...Its got plenty of gain in the red channel but I find its too compressed and "saggy" for quick palm muting. I love this amp...just not for metal. Cleans and leads sound awesome...I will be recording my leads with it very soon, and using the fireball for rhythm....What type of metal do you play with it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm an old fukk so what yungins today call metal I call noise [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I do play a wide variety of stuff from classic rock, fusion, some bluse and jazz to classical and the 101b seems to be perfect for me so far. Rhoads, Sabbath, Priest, Maiden, Lynch, Malmsteen. Dio etc. etc. etc. http://shawnlutz.com/influences.htm
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  I'm an old fukk so what yungins today call metal I call noise [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I do play a wide variety of stuff from classic rock, fusion, some bluse and jazz to classical and the 101b seems to be perfect for me so far. Rhoads, Sabbath, Priest, Maiden, Lynch, Malmsteen. Dio etc. etc. etc. http://shawnlutz.com/influences.htm

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehe, I guess I am pretty old too (32) [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Like all those bands that you like as well...do you use effects with your 101b?

Comment

Working...
                  X