Peavey Classic 30 SOUNDCLIPS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey Classic 30 SOUNDCLIPS!

I did some recording tonite. I didnt warm up at all, so its very very sloppy, unedited, and a 1 take recording. Its far from perfect. Please lay off, only been playing 2 years...

If anyone wants to hear the Peavey Classic 30 in action (overdrive channel)

Setup: 95 Peavey Predator using DiMarzio Fred in the bridge position > Peavey Classic 30 > $20 Radio Shack mic > Winbook Soundcard > Cool Edit Pro.

Again, ignore the sloppyness. See if you can guess all songs! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/3/nonamemxmusic.htm

Enjoy.

Re: Peavey Classic 30 SOUNDCLIPS!

Question: How good is the Peavey "Blue Marvel" speaker? Would it be a worthwhile investment to swap it with a Celestion or Eminence speaker?

I get the feeling the Blue Marvel is holding this amp back a little. I dont know enough about speakers to know if this would make a difference or not.

Comment

You guys are making me sad [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

I tried to check it out, but it wanted me to sign up. Can I hear it without giving my email and stuff? And I do think the classic 30 sounds good. I know someone who has one. It was left at my house for six months. (I have lazy friends) I owned a classic 50 and that sounded pretty good too. I kinda wish I kept it.

Comment

I used to have one before.
          It gets great sound when cranked up.

Comment

I dunno why it wont let you listen. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Oh well. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

But what about the Peavey Blue Marvels? would it be worthwhile to swap them with something else?

Comment

That amp sounds great....love the tone...seems like it even does hard rock well.

Comment

I've had a classic 50 4x10 since they first came out in 1992. It is a decent amp.

Comment

Sounded pretty good to me (and I didn't get asked to sign up). I don't know alot about speakers yet either, so I'm not much help there.

Comment

I can't listen without signing up either, but as for the Blue Marvel, that may be made by Eminence itself for Peavey, like the Sheffields are, so I don't know if another Eminence would be an upgrade. What are you looking for that this speaker isn't giving you?
                    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I used to have 2 Classic 30's, one with the stock speaker and one with a Celestion Vintage 30 in it. I thought the Celestion sounded better.

Comment

A Celestion would sound better, but if he's looking for a punchier bass response, changing the speaker won't help as much as adding a sealed back 1x12 extension cab. That's why I'd like to know specifically what he wants that he's not getting out of the ap.
                        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Everything sounds kinda loose, especially the low end.

Thats my main concern.

Im hopefully getting a 5150 combo soon, so I may just leave it as-is.

I may just get a 2x12 sometime afterward, to tighten up the sound.

Thanks for the help guys.

Comment

Working...
                          X