Best Peavey 4x12 cab?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Peavey 4x12 cab?

My brother has been running his Peavey VTX Heritage head through a cheap Sonic 4x12 for the past year, with a blown speaker and ripped up carpet covering. I've got a couple of Peavey 2x12 cabs that I'm pretty happy with, but he wants to stick with a 4x12, and I'm not really sure if there's much difference between their various cabs. Anyone familiar with the current line?
    sigpic

Re: Best Peavey 4x12 cab?

4x12 cabs usually have more bass response from what I've seen, while 2x12 cabs have more presence. However, if he's happy with a 4x12, Peavey has an old cabinet that Marshall sued them over which is loaded with Celestions and built pretty much like a Marshall cab (hence the lawsuit).
    Haven't checked out their recent cabs, though. Personally I'd recommend a Carvin with British 12s in it.

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

The Butcher cabinets are great. Just heavey as all hell!

Comment

"My brother has been running his Peavey VTX Heritage head through a cheap Sonic 4x12 for the past year, with a blown speaker and ripped up carpet covering."

Ahhh... another Heritage owner. I have had mine since 1986 and it still plays like it did the day I got it.....

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          The Butcher cabinets are great. Just heavey as all hell!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, the Butcher/VTM cabinets with the Celestion G12K85s. Heavy for sure, but you'd be hard pressed to find a better cab.
          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Peavey cabs?
            I have heard the new Triple X cabs sound good.
            Also XXL.
            I have been thinking of getting one of these to use it with my JSX I am getting soon.
            I have a 5150 cab and have tried with many amps but I don't like it so it ended up as a fax machine stand at my work for last 2years [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
            X