Engl Powerball question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engl Powerball question

I know on the Mesa Dual Rectos you can pull out the two middle power tubes to have it run on half power. Anyone know if I can do the same for the Engl Powerball? I tried calling Engl USA, but couldnt get through.

Re: Engl Powerball question

Probably yes but take 2 middle tubes out?
    I thought it was 2 outside tubes...
    I did that with my VHT amp and worked fine.
    Engl amps(not sure if this applies for powerball), when one of the tubes is dead, it continues to work with the remaining tubes.
    I had a manual and saw that.
    I don't remember of how they call it though.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      I know on the Mesa Dual Rectos you can pull out the two middle power tubes to have it run on half power. Anyone know if I can do the same for the Engl Powerball? I tried calling Engl USA, but couldnt get through.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just called Engl in Germany and they said you can probably pull the middle 2 tubes out and cut the ohmage in 1/2 to run at 50 watt's. They said they were going to check with Horst Langer to verify this so don't try it yet. In all honesty though I do not see why you would want to do that with this amp IMO it's pointless.

Derek

Comment

When you say cut the impedance by 1/2, do you mean connecting the 16ohm output of the PB to a 8ohm cab? Or is it 4ohm output to a 8ohm cab?

Comment

Working...
        X