Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Built a killer pedal... check it out! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Built a killer pedal... check it out!

I guess I should draw up my idea for my 12-string Floyd already... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

That is awesome! You want to make another one and sell it to me?

Jason

Comment

If anyone wants one, email me at [email protected]. Looks like I'm going to be building some and see how it goes. Thanks for the kudos guys!

Pete

Comment

Great idea, definately should market these!

Comment

Pete, how about an LED for the channel function?

Have you toyed with different potentiometer values? Might be a nice option to have various pots available given the tonal differences in potentiometer values.

It looks great and I might want to check one out for my Mark II. On that amp, the OD channel is way louder than the clean channel. How do you address this situation when the clean needs to be juiced while retaining "cleanliness" and without attenuating the OD channel (thereby squashing the tone)?

This is a passive device but it'd be great to build something similar with clean boost (like the Seymour Duncan box) that also switches channels in the same motion. You do that and sign me up for one!

You're onto something here, for sure!
            www.sandimascharvel.com

Comment

That is a great idea. Patened it.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Pete, how about an LED for the channel function?

Have you toyed with different potentiometer values? Might be a nice option to have various pots available given the tonal differences in potentiometer values.

It looks great and I might want to check one out for my Mark II. On that amp, the OD channel is way louder than the clean channel. How do you address this situation when the clean needs to be juiced while retaining "cleanliness" and without attenuating the OD channel (thereby squashing the tone)?

This is a passive device but it'd be great to build something similar with clean boost (like the Seymour Duncan box) that also switches channels in the same motion. You do that and sign me up for one!

You're onto something here, for sure!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Bret. I didn't put an LED on this because I didn't have a really wide variety of amps to test it with. I would rather leave something off than have it only work on some amps.

If you need to pull down the volume on one channel, the pedal works great. As you stated, it isn't going to boost anything, just cut.

As far as active stuff, I'm actually goofing around right now with a high voltage all tube boost pedal. Everything I've seen like this has been meant to be a distortion box like the Soldano unit and the Matchless... what I'm messing with is a clean boost that can be used to overdrive an amp, but without taking it over. My goal is to get this thing at least into a playable proto within a few weeks. I don't know how much of a market there would be for one, because it would be a little pricey - but built on a turret board (yes, turret board) with cloth wiring, easily moddable by the owner, etc. I'm trying to make it easy to mod for the end user so they can custom tailor the front end of their signal without having to go poking around in an expensive or harder to mod tube amp.

Pete

Comment

Wow, that sounds interesting. Good stuff you are working on.

Do you have any idea of if an existing clean boost (like the Duncan unit) can be modded to also be a channel switch?

I have never seen any type of pedal that integrated channel switching with gain boost/reduction.

What I would want would not have to be tube driven or high voltage. I would pay cay$h for an MXR sized, 9V powered, clean gain boost/channel switch. And gimme fries with that.

Good work Pete. You really do have a product here if you were so inclined.
                  www.sandimascharvel.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    definately

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Newb! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                    X