Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there anybody here who owns the Zoom GFX-707?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there anybody here who owns the Zoom GFX-707?

Is there anybody who owns or has played the Zoom GFX-707? What are your thoughts about the pedal?

Rudy D.

Re: Is there anybody here who owns the Zoom GFX-707?

I don't own a 707, but I do own a 505. Anyways, precessors suck at distortion. You might want to use them for delay, chorus, flanger stuff - it's ok. But don't use them for distortion, since they kill dynamics in your playing and therefore music, too. What exactly do you want it for? My friend had it, and I didn't like how it sounded. When plugged into the mixer it had that sterile sound that I couldn't possibly enjoy.
    Well, good luck, but before buying - ask people on the forum.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      I don't own a 707, but I do own a 505. Anyways, precessors suck at distortion. You might want to use them for delay, chorus, flanger stuff - it's ok. But don't use them for distortion, since they kill dynamics in your playing and therefore music, too. What exactly do you want it for? My friend had it, and I didn't like how it sounded. When plugged into the mixer it had that sterile sound that I couldn't possibly enjoy.Well, good luck, but before buying - ask people on the forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have the Zoom GFX-707. I was just asking what people thought about it. I am starting to dislike the different distortions and effects except for delay and chorus. The distortions sound too harsh and too sterile for my tastes and have no character at all. I rarely use it at all. I am still taking guitar lessons. I will buy a distortion pedal instead.

Rudy D.

Comment

Is it really necessary for a beginning guitar player to have a multi-effects pedal?

Comment

Well, I have the 606 and I personally think it sucks. I liked a few of the things at first, but can't seem to get anything decent out of it. I think MOST of it is my fault, because I never did learn how to edit the patches etc...I went back to my individual pedals. And you don't have to have a multi-effects pedal period. Beginner or not. Actually as a beginner it my be a little overwhelming. Always trust your ears and gut. It's YOUR equipment. If you like it, hell with everyone else.

Comment

Working...
          X