No announcement yet.

What is your PA set up for practice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What is your PA set up for practice?

One other thing to try is to use a crossover or a stereo EQ to cut the low frequencies from @200Hz on down. For a vocals only PA, limiting the freq. response of the system can sometimes yield an increase in volume. The low frequencies suck the juice! Good call on the speaker cables, too!
    www.sandimascharvel.com

Comment

Tell your singer to just grow some balls, turn off the PA, and scream at the top of his lungs!!

Comment

Interesting... I bought 50' Live Wire Speakons because they were out of 25's. I figured that too much length can't be a bad thing... maybe it is!

As for the frequency thing, I noticed last night that on both vocal mikes they had all of the mid and low frequencies dialed out. When I boosted them, It did seem to get louder.

Obviously I'm pretty new to this, but I've got another question. What's the deal with the sub outs? It didn't seem like the channel sliders effected the volume level of that channels output at all when I hooked the amp up to it. The manual says that sub outs are used for monitoring.

Are there any internet sites that discuss sound reinforcement specifically?

Again, thanks for the help.

Comment

Hi Steve...I don't have the answers for your QSC amp but here is a site that has some good sound ideas. http://www.Auralex.com This was recommend to me by the folks here. I installed some 3 inch foam panels in my room to sorta sound proof it. I also got a bunch of 12x12 inch blocks placed all around. I completely covered my windows (movie theater dark in there, had to install track lighting) It works out real well so far, I going to add some more. My experience with basement practice (from my Detroit days) is the concrete walls are too reflective and sound is bouncing all around. You need to dampen it...their site will give you some pretty good ideas on what you need to do as far as room acoustics. If its an unfinished the absorption type blankets would work out well.
          shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
          X