Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm thinking of trading my MG100DFX towards ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm thinking of trading my MG100DFX towards ...

this:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/...se_pid/480332/

I'm gonna also have to save up some. It'll probably be a while before I get to, but ... think it's a step up from the MG? I know it's a solid state, but what does everyone think of this amp? ... for a solid state.

Re: I\'m thinking of trading my MG100DFX towards ..

I haven't spent much time with many Randalls, but I've heard good stuff about them for metal.

Comment

That particular model doesn't seem that reliable, 89.

http://www.harmony-central.com/Guita...0_Head-01.html

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I love Harmony Central reviews. Thankfully, by the time you get to higher end gear the idiot ratio goes down quite a bit...

</threadjack>
        Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

I tried one, remembering how much I enjoyed my old Randall back from the 80's, and I have to say that the one you're looking at was kinda crap-tacular. I didn't find much inspiring about it. I don't know if you're really moving up by getting that over the Marshall. I had my mind set on a certain tone from the Randall, and conuldn't get it at all. I didn't like it compared to my old gray carpet-covered head.

Comment

Wow, just read the reviews ... hmm. Anybody know a moderately priced half stack (Tube or Solid State) that'll have a good tone for metal?

Comment

Try the Fender Stage 160 head (comes in DSP as well), or the Fender RocPro 1000 head. Peavey XXL head comes to mind as well - I know there's a few Peavey fans around here who can point you towards some quality cheap Peavey stuff. They're priced right, and are almost bomb-proof. Then try Avatar cabinets for a good moderate priced QUALITY cabinet. Do you play out, or is this a bedroom set-up? If it's a bedroom deal, my personal opinion is that a 2x12 combo is as much as you'd ever need...

Comment

I'll add my obligatory "but you could almost get a used Vetta for that" comment here.
                Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Peavey XXL head comes to mind as well - I know there's a few Peavey fans around here who can point you towards some quality cheap Peavey stuff. They're priced right, and are almost bomb-proof. Then try Avatar cabinets for a good moderate priced QUALITY cabinet.

[/ QUOTE ]

With a little bit of searching you should be able to find a used Peavey XXL Head (don't know the price) or preferably a used Peavey 5150 Head for about $500ish (or 400ish), and then get a used cab - try and find the best cab you can get for a reasonably good price, and make sure you try your head out on the cab. Shoot for spending about $300 and you're set. Check your local classifieds and make sure you play anything before you buy it. Trust me on this.

Comment

Peavey XXL heads seem to be going for around $350 on ebay.

Comment

Working...
                    X