HELLLLLPPP! Eventide H3000 info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELLLLLPPP! Eventide H3000 info

Ok, so I bought an older (yellow buttons) used Eventide H3000 (yay me) and got it today. What I didn't know, the seller didn't disclose, and I didn't know I didn't know, is that the unit has XLR inputs AND outputs only - no 1/4", no RCA.
    So, where do I get a conversion adaptor thingy to convert a 1/4" guitar cable into a male XLR? Are there special cables made just for these units?

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Re: HELLLLLPPP! Eventide H3000 info

Radio shack?

Comment

At work we have cables that are like that. Check GC in the Pro Audio dept.

Comment

No GC in these parts.
        I'll try Radiation Shed when I go tonight [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Thanks feelers [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

eBay...if RS doesn't have them (they should) you can get them from MF online ore AMS too.

Nice score on the eventide. Curious to know how nice they harmonize, can yo pull off black star or the trooper with it and have it still sound cool.
          shawnlutz.com

Comment

GC had these in stock.
            My friend bought one several years ago got so confused the unit didn't have 1/4" plugs in/out.
            We went to GC and found some cables/converters and finally he was able to hook it up with his amp head.

Comment

Ok, just to clarify, are you guys talking about the line condenser that you use to plug a Mic into say a 1/4" mixer input?
              The H3K has male and female XLRs (condenser would go into the Male of a cable, and the Input of the H3K has the holes to accept the mic cable, just like the condenser)

Newc

Comment

This same thing happened with some Power amps such as H&H.
                It didn't have 1/4" plug in/out

Comment

Found 'em at MF; Horizon HZ Male XLR to 1/4" and HZ Female to 1/4"

Went ahead and ordered some extra regular cables and patch cables I been meaning to replace as well.

I didn't know if there were H3000-specific cables (you'd think after all these years) or not.

Thanks for the help fellers [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Newc

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                    So what are you going to do with the unit?
                    Some Steve Vai tricks?
                    [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Isn't that all it's good for? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Probably basic harmonies - Iron Maiden, that sorta thing. I may add a MIDI pedal like the ART X-15 Ultrafoot later to change the harmony patch without changing the preamp setting. I dunno [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc

Comment

Congrats bro! I just got my Eclipse last week and it kicks ass. This thing is waaaaaaay more than just a harmonizer.
                        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Congrats man, the H3000 series are still the eventides to beat in my ears. I also have an eclipse and had a 7000, which are awesome in programmability and have awesome sound, but somehow the 3000 keeps getting to me. It just sounds better.
                          Also try the delays and the reverbs which are really awesome on the 3000. The only delay that sounds better than a 3000 is the TC 2290, but only by a small small margin. I know a lot of people are in the lex pcm42s and stuff, but to me the 3000 and the 2290 are the best ones ever made.

Comment

Ok, got my cables today and hooked it up. I've been going through the Presets, and have been doing some farting around with the patches to make my own.
                            Nice Chorus-type effects in it [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                            Haven't touched the 'verb or Delays yet, as I've been spending most of my time with the Pitch stuff.
                            So how do I set it to get the Harmony stuff? I mean, so far I'm getting some bizarre warbling like it's having trouble tracking the notes.
                            What's the best way to run it in the signal chain? Right now it's last in line before the recorder (guitar-ADA MP1-Digitech TSR12-H3000-recorder).
                            Should I run it first so it gets only clean "straight from the guitar" signals? Should I run it in the FX loop of the preamp (ADA) so it isn't affected by the effects in the TSR12? Should I run it into the recorder's FX loop and patch it into the channel that way?

I definitely want the Satch/Vai stuff, as well as accurate Iron Maiden harmonies. So far, the Pitch thing in the TSR12 has better tracking with less delay in the output than the H3000, so I'm hoping I've just got something incorrect.

Newc

Comment

Wish I could help you dude but I've got the Eclipse. The tracking is phenomenal on this puppy. There is only patch I've run across that is obviously a Vai one - it's the setting for Ballerina off of Passion and Warfare. There are a ton of patches that are easy to see where they could have been Vai's but none are as obvious as that one.

Newc, you should join the Yahoo Eventide Helps group. It is pretty active:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/eventidehelps/

If you upgrade your H3000 do the D/SE or D/SX then the Vai presets are 700-747.

There is a file in the Eventide Helps file area that has all the patches for the H3000 with descriptions - it's called "H3000 Presets History.PDF"
                              I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Working...
                              X