HELLLLLPPP! Eventide H3000 info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HELLLLLPPP! Eventide H3000 info

Thanks Tim. I've been playing around some more with it, and I'm actually close to the Ballerina sound - it's basically cranking the Feedback to 80% with the Pitch set to +700 Cents on both sides so it generates an arpeggio from one picked note.
    I'll go through the Eventide Group and see what's there.

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Oh now this is hilarious; I go to that Yahoo Group and of course I have to Register before I can d/l or even view anything, so I click "register".
      I then get the registration form, and pick an ID (somehow "Newc" and "dr newcenstein" are already taken [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]) so I finally get one that isn't taken, and there's a Verification/anti-spam code I have to enter, in the form of an automatically-generated image.
      Here's one of them now:

Ok, so what's with the warping and excess line through the character? I tried it 5 times and each time I put in what LOOKED LIKE the image showed, including what APPEARED to be spaces, and I got an "Error" page, then another image:

And again I entered what the image appears to show.
      That didn't work, and I got a "999" error (I guess they were really wanting that "666" error [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]) and "Unable to proceed, try later".

So I guess they give you two chances to get it right, after that they give you the 999 error.
      So I tried it yet again, and got:

Which of course didn't work either. [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

don't put the spaces in. Top is n87KX, middle is nJ6BeM, last is TBL43. It's some thing to keep people from getting auto-joined into groups I guess. The lines and warping are to foil software that could discern it... like OCR (optical character recognition) programs.

Pete

Comment

I did it that way on the first one, though. First pick I got was like 77HD or something like that, and I entered it in the box, then got the "try again" page with another image. I entered that one and got the first 999 error.

That's when I started putting in spaces, and still got to the 'try again' page (no mesage about spaces).

Newc

Comment

Anyhoo, I've made some more progress with the H3000. I'm finding out the joy of creating your own scales [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            Actually it's pretty simple - select a whole, flat, or sharp note and select how you want it to detune, then choose "Userscale1" or "..2" in the Voice parameter for each side. It still sounds a bit like the TSR12's pitch shifter, but playing with the Mix helps mask some of the flubs it produces.
            Sadly, no Iron Maiden patch yet [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I dug through the manual and it said to run it after the Preamp and before the FX, so I'm now just using the ADA into the H3000 without the TSR12. I tried running it through the ADA's FX loop, but since it's a one-sided loop it wasn't working too well, since the H3K is a stereo unit.

Wish I had the chance to run it through the Twister [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Newc

Comment

Ok, here's some neat info:
              The H3000 can be tuned to your guitar! If you recall the discussion in one of the other threads the other day about tuning to chords and tuning for solos in the studio, the H3000 basically eliminates the need to do that, as you can do your chord work (arpeggios and whatnot) first, then when you add the solos, just retune the H3K with a single button press [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

And here's a neat User Defined Scale idea:
              Not sure how specific the newer units get regarding note programming, but the H3K gives you 12 notes (D-B) in the C Major scale to set up for pitch shifting in the User Scales. Set the G, C, and D notes (G, C, C#, D, Eb) to -300 and set the other notes to +300 in one User scale (1), then mix the other 7 notes between +/- 300, 700, and 1200 in the other User scale (2). Set the G, C, C#, D, Eb notes in Scale2 to +300, or leave them at 0. You can get some nice Counterpoint harmonies going [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Ok, now a question about the newer units like the Eclipse:
              In the H3K, when you're playing or tuning, it shows the current note and it's numeric value - E2 for the open Low E, E3 for the 2nd fret/4th string, E4 for the open high E, etc etc.
              Can you specify the amount and direction (+/-) of each of those notes? Like if you wanted to set the open low E (E2) harmony to +300 (Third up), but E3 to a 4th up?

Newc

Comment

so it is intelligent enough to harmonize by scale and not by interval only like most of used to do?
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

Newc - the Eclipse has the same user defined scale configuration capability as the H3000 - IOW, you cannot map E2 and E3 to different intervals.

Shawn - yes, all of the Eventide harmonizers can do diatonic shifting by key. Even the Boss PS-5 can do that - it just sounds pretty crappy (just sold mine).
                  I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

That's actually the name of the Preset I've been creating all mine from; "Diatonic Shift".

Since I'm not a Theory Nut, I haven't changed the base scale from C Major (couldn't even tell you what the other scales are), but I'll poke around in them this weekend.

It takes a bit more programming than the Digitech TSR12's pitch shifter, but it's also a bit more powerful in terms of abilities (i.e. mixing "up" and "down" harmonies) and the tracking is better.

Newc

Comment

Newc, I don't know about you but I am constantly amazed at how good the Eventide does preserving my guitar tone and dynamics. In the past when I've used rack effects, they have all seemed like tone sucking pigs and sort of make the specific guitar you are playing less relevant. With the Eclipse the subtleties of the guitars are preserved. I'm probably not explaining this very well - sort of hard to describe. But my fingers and ears notice a distinct difference with this device.

- Newc

Comment

does it harmonize and track tight enough or do I need to hire Yngwie to harmonize live with me? I'd like one of these units if they do, not for the ailen freaky Steve vai shit, just minor thrid harmony.

The haromonizers I tried in the past really sucked, not tight enough, granted this was a long time ago.
                        shawnlutz.com

Comment

My Eclipse tracks tight. My Boss PS-5 did not.

- Newc

Comment

The H3K definitely has improved the tone coming out of my ADA. I had it set up without the TSR12 (EQ mostly) straight into my recorder, and usually the recorder's EQ isn't enough to get rid of the "glassy" tone of the ADA, but the H3K does as good a job as the TSR12's EQ, if not better. With the TSR12 after the H3K, the reverbs and delays of the TSR are a lot clearer as well.

Comment

Working...
                            X