Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steavens Amps, anyone? Looking for High-Gain...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steavens Amps, anyone? Looking for High-Gain...

Talked to my local guitar GURU (And I mean guru )
    Anyway, he kind of talked me out of getting an Überschall. He gave me a few other alternatives, and here's one that looks really exiting (even though it's no beauty, IMO) But I can't find any clips! My only hope, as it seems, is checking out clips by the Belgian Death Metal band Prejudice...? But I hope some of you guys have heard of this. The one man company is called Steavens, and the guy allegedly studied wiring alongside with mr. Bogner.

My tech actually said that the reason why he didn't have the reputation Bogner has, is because 'he didn't move to LA and do Cocaine with the right guys'. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Anyway! Here it is:
    http://www.steavens.com/
    The amp is called a PoundCake 100 MKII (under heads).

Thanks!
    I have no eyes, fuck-mook!

Re: Steavens Amps, anyone? Looking for High-Gain...

They're great amps. A friend of mine has one (Poundcake 100W MKII). The only drawback is that unless you live in Germany, the builder is very hard to get in contact with and when you do the build time is extremely long. Great amps nonetheless.

Comment

Thanks for the reply!

I live in Norway and I'm not really worried about the build time. How is the poundcake compared to the following (if you've got an opinion about it)?

Bogner Überschall, Diezels, Engls, Mesa dual/triple rectifiers, VHT, Soldano, modded JCM 800's?

Hope you can give me some clues regarding the sound. Eager to find my 'ultimate' verstaile high gain monster...

Thanks!

Comment

I saw Reb Beach was using one of these amps on "In the heart of the young" tour more than 10 years ago

Comment

And, Reb Beach always seemed to have good tone.

Comment

Re: Steavens Amps, anyone? Looking for High-Gain..

I know the guys in Prejudice, they live like a couple of hundred meters from here! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

You should go there,give a factory tour and take pics!
              [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                I know the guys in Prejudice, they live like a couple of hundred meters from here! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool! How is their sound? Let me know if you go visit them or something. It'd be great if you could post some pics of the Steavens gear [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Nice sign, btw... [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                X