Marshall 2000 series amps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall 2000 series amps

Looking for any reviews on both Marshall JCM 2000 series amps. Both the duel lead series and the triple lead series. I'm gonna make my choice between the two, but would like to get input. The duel lead w/cab is about $1950.00 and the triple lead is about $2250.00. I'm not even sure what the difference is between the duel and triple, or if it's necessary. Some help from the JCFonline members would help out immensely.
    Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Re: Marshall 2000 series amps

Go to www.harmony-central.com

They have reviews on any equipment you can think of
    93 USA Soloist EDS
    USA HT6 Juggernaut
    Charvel DK24FR

Comment

The TSL has 3 channels, where the DSL has 2 channels. Both have a couple of switches that change the midrange and the bass around and stuff too. I think the DSL sounds better.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        I think the DSL sounds better.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I'm hearing and I think I'll be heading that direction.
        Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          I think the DSL sounds better.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think the pre-jcm900 marshalls sound better

Comment

Bah... If you want a Marshall get a 1987x, have it biased, and stick a Super Overdrive in front of it. Oh, yeah... pick up a hot plate while you're at it. You'll be happier in the long run.

Comment

Click the link in my signature. You'll find plenty of opinons, input, and info on both the DSL & TSL series amps.

Comment

I had a friend who bought a DSL100 halfstack in June of 2003. He owned it for about a year, during which it blew up 3 times on him, the same resistor going each time. he dealer would not go further than replacing the resistor when it blew, nor would they give him a new head. He got it fixed the 4th time and ebayed it for almost nothing, but then he didn't disclose that it kept blowing on him either. Kinda fukked up of him in a way, but either Marshall or the local dealer was completely nonforthcoming about finding and solving the root cause, so his choice was to take a $1200 fukking or a $600 fukking, passing a $600 fukking onto another poor guy.

Besides the fact that a lot of people hate the tone, it sounds like they're not too reliable.
                Then again, I told the guy not to get it and he did anyway so I didn't feel THAT bad for him. Now he has a JCM900 head and kept the 2000 cab. At least it hasn't blown up; cool, huh?
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I had a TSL100 and a DSL50.....Sold them both for a Bogner but would take the TSL again....just my opinion.

I'll probably pick up a TSL combo for the living room at some point...I really liked the TSL and found it to be very versatile. Don't care which one you get...they shine at volume. The tones I was getting from the TSL even at low volume was absolutely spot on Powerslave by Iron Maiden...SPOT ON

Comment

The TSL isn't too bad, the TSL I had was used, and a roof fell in on it, and it still worked!

Comment

Both amps are good, but there is a little trick with Marshalls! They naturaly run hot, so it is good to have a fan installed on it or at least blowing in on it. I have had 2 DSL's and neither one ever gave me a problem, the first one i sold because it was a 50 watter and iw anted more headroom, now i am thinking of selling my DSL100 only because i have way to many amps!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Bah... If you want a Marshall get a 1987x, have it biased, and stick a Super Overdrive in front of it. Oh, yeah... pick up a hot plate while you're at it. You'll be happier in the long run.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep,I've owned the later stuff and can't recommend it whatsoever for the money.

Buy an ENGL Powerball you'll thank yourself forever.

Comment

I own a TSL 100. It doesn't have enough gain for lead. There is a cool link about Marshalls. Just check www.legendaryamptomes.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            I own a TSL 100. It doesn't have enough gain for lead. There is a cool link about Marshalls. Just check www.legendaryamptomes.com

[/ QUOTE ]

try turning the gain down and the master up. marshalls (even the new crap ones) get most of their signature crunch by cranking the volume way up. also, you dont need that much gain even for lead playing once you reach a certain volume level

Comment

I own the JCM2000 TSL 122 its the 100w combo with 2/12s. It has 3 channels clean, crunch & lead - sounds awesome I think it has more than enough gain. I got this one just for practicing - easier transporting (when needed) a combo. I picked it up on ebay for under a grand.

Check out the harmony central link above for plenty of user reviews.

Comment

Working...
                              X