Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Controlling two nonmidi amps and one G Major...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Controlling two nonmidi amps and one G Major...

Controlling two NON-midi amps and one G Major with one MIDI-board.

Is this possible? I would like to be able to have presets for clean, clean w/ reverb (the clean amp's reverb) rhythm, lead, lead with reverb, etc. on one Behringer FCB1010 (or similar) foot controller. Mind you, NONE of the amps have MIDI-presets.

Thanks for any answers or leads.
    I have no eyes, fuck-mook!

Re: Controlling two nonmidi amps and one G Major...

does your amps have a footswitch-jack?
    if so you can switch two functions with the behringer board.
    i use a engl z-11 midi-switch for my amp an compressor.
    the z-11 has 6 switchs which can easy stored with any midi-preset. two jacks are stereo and two are mono-jacks.
    it works very good, never had problems with it.

Comment

I think the G-Major has a footswitch feature, and so does the Behringer, so there you go!

Comment

<font color="yellow">There is also something called a MIDI Octapus which I believe was made by SRD (the same company who made the Rockmans, the guitar player from Boston).

That had a number of assignable outputs which could be programmed to switch different amps, effects or whatever.

You see them on E-Bay once and a while.

</font>

Comment

Get a Ground Control System

Comment

Checked out the Voodoo Ground Control System, with the GCX, and it's quite expensive! Any other brands producing anything similar?
            I have no eyes, fuck-mook!

Comment

The Ground Control/GCX combo will allow you to switch your amps, effects and anything else you can think of (pedals, other rack gear etc...). I've used these extensively and have not been able to find anything else out there that does as good a job of handling these tasks. I usually try to keep them in stock if you're interested in taking this route.
              Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

I agree with Matt, the GCX is an amazing piece of gear. But if you are looking for a cheaper alternative, check out www.axess-electronics.com

Comment

Working...
                X