Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Taking a full 4 space rack on the airplane.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking a full 4 space rack on the airplane.

Okay, so I'm flying up north for the next 3 weeks or so, and I have a 4x12 just sitting up there.

Now I have a 4 space rack, with this rediculously meaty anvil case. If I wanted to take the rack with me, would it be safe to travel with the thing? I'd check it of course, but I'm just a little worried. It's about 40 lbs when fully put together.

Any advice? or should I forget the idea all together?

Re: Taking a full 4 space rack on the airplane.

It should be fine.
    If the rack has shockmount, even better too.
    If you are worried about stupid airline check in, put the rack in a larger box and put some bubble sheets in it.
    This way, you will be cheking the box in instead of the rack itself.

Also if your suitcase is large, you can put that rack inside of your suitcase and put some towels around.

Comment

Good to head, I really want to just leave it up north. I'm itching to buy a JCM 800 or a Dual Recto as a replacement.

Comment

Buy one of those amp head cases you see on E-bay for $150-200.
        It helps a lot when traveling.
        VERY heavy when your amp head is in. So you will need to buy one that has heavy duty handles.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          rediculously

[/ QUOTE ]

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

If it's in an Anvil case, run it through baggage. It'll be fine.
            If it's in one of those cheap cases you find all the time on ebay, "Like an Anvil", better box it up like it's being shipped.
            I seriously doubt they will let you walk on board the airplane with a rack case full of electronics.

Comment

A four space rack is too large to cary on, regardless of contents. I've flown internationally with stuff in anvils and had no problems. Just check it. Put a fragile sticker on it so that you're sure that they'll throw it extra far.
              ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

"put a fragile sticker on it so that you're sure that they'll throw it extra far"- Lol! thats f- hilarious!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  If it's in an Anvil case, run it through baggage. It'll be fine.
                  If it's in one of those cheap cases you find all the time on ebay, "Like an Anvil", better box it up like it's being shipped.
                  I seriously doubt they will let you walk on board the airplane with a rack case full of electronics.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I planned to check it. The rack case is actually made by the Anvil company. No cheap knock off here.

Comment

Working...
                  X