Dimebag ad for Krank amps.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dimebag ad for Krank amps.

I just came across this new ad Dimebag is doing for Krank amps. I'm not a fan of Dime but I do love Dean guitars and he's prominently displaying one in the ad, even though it's just a plain black one not one of the amazingly painted ones he has.

Another thing that strikes me as odd is that he's holding a bag of weed in the ad. Sure he smokes weed but does the kid who wants a Dime guitar or amp want to show his parents this ad?

Also, I saw Damagplan a week ago and the Kranks sounded pretty good live. I've heard some bad remarks about them but it sounded cool to me.

I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Re: Dimebag ad for Krank amps.

wow, yeah. Thats a little strange to see a bag of weed in an ad like that. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Strangely enough, people who hear one live from Dimebag think they sound great, people who actually play one in person generally think they sound like ass.

Of course, we all know artists always play the same amps live that they endorse. I also think the 'bag o krank' is to give the amp some wildman image, which should appeal to rebellious preteens, but I can't see adults seeing that ad and running out to try a Krank.

Pete

Comment

What a stupid marketing job from those idiots at Krank. Let's take a market segment that is mostly kids and put a bag of weed in the picture so their parents are like WTF??

What idiots......I guess they don't want people to take their amps seriously.

Comment

I believe that is organically grown catnip.

Comment

Ummm, yeah
            When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Thats not Dime, thats Joe Dirt..............

Comment

Wow... now that ad just makes me want to run right out an buy a KRANK.

NOT. [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

If I were Dean I would be PISSED too. There name is clearly seen there too....

Comment

WOW!
                    This is the skankiest AD I have ever seen.
                    This is sick and ridiculous.
                    Not as cool as what Dime or Krank thinks.

Comment

I always thought Dean were cool guitars, but they were also guitars associated with sleeze, and thats why I never bought one. I guess, they seem to still want to be associated with sleeze to impress the 12 year olds............Is there something wrong with trying to have a classy image and make pointy guitars?.......

Comment

darrell abbott will never grow up [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] i.e. "dime", "Krank" and the "bag of weed" ad.. has the talent and skills, but wants to stay a teenager forever. music has changed but his mentality hasn't, what a waste. [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]
                        Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
                        Amp... Pioneer
                        Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

Dean ought to put a stop to that crap....

Comment

I will begin by saying I love Pantera but... this just reconfirms the notion that ol Darrell really is a poser at heart. After all this is the same guy that went from Diamond to Dimebag. [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]
                            "told you guys that spandex, hairspray and makeup on guys was a bad idea, and now look what happened - you all turned into women." - Newc

Comment

I haven't heard or played a Krank but from what othere have said about them, I'd rather have the bag of weed he is holdning than the 1/2 stack [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                              shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
                              X