Dimebag ad for Krank amps.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dimebag ad for Krank amps.

apparently the weed's of higher quality and costs more than the amp itself. ah well, you win some and lose some, lol.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      I will begin by saying I love Pantera but... this just reconfirms the notion that ol Darrell really is a poser at heart. After all this is the same guy that went from Diamond to Dimebag. [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Many years ago in an early interview, Dime said that he was always called Dimebag and that someone misheard it and called him Diamond and that stuck. I remember the "Diamond" ads, but I remember dimebag first and thought the Diamond name was funny. I don't think he just switched to it. I think he switched back to it. The Diamond nickname probably came from their glam days.

Comment

like Diamond Dave? Well someone asked him in GW or something, and he only replied that in Texas they all have nicknames and his has always been Dimebag.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          apparently the weed's of higher quality and costs more than the amp itself. ah well, you win some and lose some, lol.

[/ QUOTE ]
          [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            like Diamond Dave? Well someone asked him in GW or something, and he only replied that in Texas they all have nicknames and his has always been Dimebag.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup...always been Dimebag.....

Diamond Darrell Lance!!! LOL!!!

Comment

I read an interview one time where Dave Mustaine called him Douchebag Darrell. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Is it just me or do you guys think a rock star named DIMEBAG darrell could do a little better then a half ounce... like **** if he wanted be be an idiot and include weed in his ad why not have a couple pounds so he looks even more "badass". What a **** idiot I can't belive Dean even wants anything to do with him.

Comment

This is only one a few reasons why Rudy told him to pack his bags and leave Washburn.............

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    This is only one a few reasons why Rudy told him to pack his bags and leave Washburn.............

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, it went down like that?? I thought Dime left on his own accord.....Washburn isn't exactly first peoples choice when it comes to guitars.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Is it just me or do you guys think a rock star named DIMEBAG darrell could do a little better then a half ounce... like **** if he wanted be be an idiot and include weed in his ad why not have a couple pounds so he looks even more "badass". What a **** idiot I can't belive Dean even wants anything to do with him.

[/ QUOTE ]DUUUUDE!!! Don't you know the penalty is much harsher for more than an ounce?!?!? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] That really is kinda dumb though! As for Krank, their friggin' amp is out of focus, but the Dean isn't!! As far as Dean goes though, Dean Zelinsky is probably not gonna sweat this; he's the guy who blew off Randy Rhoads, so HE's gonna tell someone they had a stupid idea? He should be on America's Dumbest Guitar Manufacturers, hosted by Tom Bergeron on ABC! As for Washburn, they do make some excellent guitars, they just never seem to click with the buying public, with rare exceptions. I've owned a few and liked them all.
                      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Yup...always been Dimebag.....

Diamond Darrell Lance!!! LOL!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Not only Diamond Darrell but..... Rex Rocker

Bwahhahahahaha!!!

Iam pretty sure they are listed this way in the Comboys From Hell liner.
                        "told you guys that spandex, hairspray and makeup on guys was a bad idea, and now look what happened - you all turned into women." - Newc

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Oh, it went down like that?? I thought Dime left on his own accord.....Washburn isn't exactly first peoples choice when it comes to guitars.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually the Washburn trademark has been around longer than any other out there with the exception of CF Martin. At one time Gibson was even a subcontractor of Washburn. Their acoustic guitars are in demand all over the world. As for electrics, yes they dont seem to sell as many electrics, but then thats not their main product line. Thats like saying since Jackson acoustics dont appeal to anybody, then the company as a whole must not..........
                          As for Dime, Rudy dumped him for the following unoffical reasons:
                          1. He was an embarrassment. Unless you are a hillbilly with a grade 5 edumacation, this needs no explanation.
                          2. His guitars didnt sell whatsoever. Who can name another endorser that had 4 different distinct signature models in 10 years all because each one didnt sell.
                          3. He was a pig. Washburn set up a forum so that he could send online note to his fans, and maybe even answer their questions. It wasnt even going to be for Washburn purposes. His reply was its not in my contract, how much money are you going to pay me?
                          4. With the acqusition of Parker, Washburn want to go upclass, not down.

Im sure there are other reasons. Dont get me wrong, Im sure Dime will do well at Dean. I think they are a great fit together, but at Washburn he was like a fish out of water, like a Beaverly Hillbilly. And besides, Dean can dump him next week, and still claim him as a Dean artist, just like Randy Rhoads, Sammy Hagar, Ben Orr and many others who are supposedly Dean artists...........

Comment

"And besides, Dean can dump him next week, and still claim him as a Dean artist, just like Randy Rhoads, Sammy Hagar, Ben Orr and many others who are supposedly Dean artists........... "

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] No shit! Look at that artist list! I thought that was pretty lame too. I thought it was pretty funny how goes into this explanation in that Guitar issue that all he could afford for pot was $10 worth at a time so his dealer called him "Dimebag" like we would forget the truth. It’s more like his ghay self appointed nick name of "Diamond Darrel" wasn't as cool as he originally thought so he tried to cover it up with a similar sounding one. Sorry dude that might fly with some one as burned as you, but even the casual smoker is up on that! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] No offence to those who indulge in the herb...This guy is "special"!
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

This thread has gathered some steam since I started it. I guess it's time for me to chime in again.

I'm no Dimebag fan, I am a fan of Deans though, Kranks I've not tried but live they sounded cool. I think he's completely classless and tacky int he way he acts and way he plays. This news about Washburn dumping him does not surprize me in the least.

The ad itself is as tasteless as one would expect from Dime but what person in managment at Krank thought it was a good idea to go ahead with this ad? I think it'll do more harm than good being the company with the ad with the guy proudly displaying an illegal substance.
                              I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

"what person in managment at Krank thought it was a good idea to go ahead with this ad?"

That's what baffles me...Pro pot or not, you gotta figure this isn't going to do anything good. So some young stoner thinks it's cool and now has to convince Mom and Dad that this is "The amp"! Have fun kid!
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Working...
                                X