Finally found an amp...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally found an amp...

Those of you who saw my post about the Seymour Duncan amp will be amused about this...the owner contacted me to say that it had crapped out and refused to put out any sound.

On the plus side, I picked up a used Laney AOR Pro-Tube 100 for $200. I knew it might need a little work at that price. But the tubes (2 each of Svetlana and Sovtek power tubes, Phillips pre-amp tubes) looked like they'd just been installed aside from the dust on them, and and that price I'm willing to throw some work into it. I didn't see any other problems, either. The pots seems in decent shape, and I blew the dust out and cleaned it up before I fired it up for practice.

It turns out that what it needs is some work on the gain boost. The LED won't come on either using the controls on the panel or a generic footswitch. It worked for about three hours and then no more. Still getting great distortion out of it, though. The clean was even pretty good when I had the gain boost off, though.

Unfortunately, it seems all the good local amp gurus are backed up for about three weeks!
Working...
X