Order of Effect PartII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Order of Effect PartII

Just throwing out a question similiar to toejam's question, [img]/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img]

I have a Marshall 2000 DSL100 head w/1960A cabinet coming. Here is a list of all the effects I own, what is the best order starting from plugging the guitar into;

Crybaby wah-wah, Ibanez Tube Screamer, Super Chorus, TU-2 Chromatic tuner, Alligator, RV-5 Delay pedal.

Also, should anything be added to alleviate any problems? (eg-noise) [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
    Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Re: Order of Effect PartII

guitar -> tuner -> alligator -> wah -> Tube screamer -> super chorus -> reverb ->amp
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      guitar -> tuner -> alligator -> wah -> Tube screamer -> super chorus -> reverb ->amp

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a writing it down,.....thanks hippietim [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
      Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

Can I chime in???
        Guitar-tuner-alligator-wah-tube screamer-super chorus.
        I would put the delay and the reverb in the effects loop. Time based effects always work better in the loop.

Comment

I concur with hippetim. That would be the classic / typical order for that range of pedals.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Can I chime in???
            Guitar-tuner-alligator-wah-tube screamer-super chorus.
            I would put the delay and the reverb in the effects loop. Time based effects always work better in the loop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd agree so long as A) the fx loop runs at -20 db or B) the pedals in question can deal with a line level signal
            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Good point Tim. I believe the Marshall DSL in question can handle rack equipment or pedals in the loop.

Comment

I agree with the last awnser of hippietim.

Comment

Working...
                X