Old American made Ross Phaser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old American made Ross Phaser

I have one of these and was wondering if it is worth anything. According to the web it was made about 1979. I remember seeing one on E-Bay for crazy money but of course I don't know if the asking price was reasonable and don't know if it even sold.

Any input?

Thanks..

Re: Old American made Ross Phaser

The Ross compressors sell for stupid money because Trey Anastasio of Phish used them. The phasers and flangers go in the low $100+ range IIRC, nothing like the $250-$300 the little grey compressors go for. The distortions, which go for dirt cheap, are actually pretty nice distortions, ad work as overdrives or distortions depending on setting. They don't alter your basic tone much either.
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Cool...thanks.

Comment

I like a lot of the old Ross stuff. And I used to want one of the compressors before everyone made a big deal over Trey and the price went up to more than they are worth. I still think they sound good. It's just too much money. I'll bet that phasor sounds good no?

Comment

Jazzman, in reality my $20 Ibanez Soundtank compressor sounds better than my old Ross did. It's not as noisy. But what the heck, I sold the Ross for good money when they started to go up. I never got $300 for it, but I paid $39 for it in the 70s and got $150 20 years later so that was good enough. The Distortion is really pretty cool though, and since they still sell for dirt I have no desire to get rid of it. Got that for like $15 on the Bay. Mine's the black one though, not the tan, not that I know if there's a difference. It sounds good, that's all I know or care about.
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X