Digitech GSP 2101

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digitech GSP 2101

2101 What do you think of them, do you own one? or have you played though one. I have only read good things about them on the net. I haven't tried one myself.
    So tell me what you think.

Re: Digitech GSP 2101

I think they're great sounding units but the programming can be a bit complicated. I had one of the original ones and upgraded to the 2101 Artist LE when they came out. That one's still in my rack.

The complication with the programming arises because there's no preset order for the digital effects. There are a certain number of available "memory units" and a certain number of available "cpu units". Additionally there are a limited number of slots in which to store effects routing algorithms. Programming begins with designing the algorithm you desire then assigning the particular effects parameters within the algorithm. It's not really that hard, it just takes a lot of time.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

I've used the 2112 a bit, which was the one that came out afterwards. It does have a lot of features, and yes, they can be intimidating. After about three hours of digging through there looking for a sound I liked, I found one that was decent. I still think my ADA MP-1 has a more raw death metal sound that I was looking for when I compared it to the 2112, but the 2112 has WAY more features than the MP-1.

Also the 2101 has been used by both Cannibal Corpse and Sepsism, so they found death metal tones in there they liked.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Also the 2101 has been used by both Cannibal Corpse and Sepsism, so they found death metal tones in there they liked.

[/ QUOTE ]
        i think the program name is like DEATH METAL GRIND in the 2101.
        i love my dual 2120's [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
        "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

I’ve got the GSP2101 LE here ... it absolutely rocks! I wouldn’t trade it for anything – any sound you want you can create. You can pick them up used on eBay for around 350 sometimes less. For that price its worth grabbing one just to play with – if you don’t like it turn it around [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

As far as complications in programming – I didn’t have many. There’s a newer program out called Midi Wizard which will allow you to edit patches in real time - its not complicated at all, once you get used to it its actually very easy. This program is a must have for 2101 users.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
            i think the program name is like DEATH METAL GRIND in the 2101.
            i love my dual 2120's [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
            It was called "Death Scoop" in the 2112.

Comment

If you decide to go after one on eBay look for one that has a 2nd S-Disc and the 3.0 upgrade.

Check out this site - this dude has put up some good info including audio samples of some of the patches he created/edited. I have a bunch of other patch sites bookmarked - might save you some time searching for the goods - if you get one let me know.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

As far as complications in programming – I didn’t have many. There’s a newer program out called Midi Wizard which will allow you to edit patches in real time - its not complicated at all, once you get used to it its actually very easy. This program is a must have for 2101 users.

[/ QUOTE ]you have a link to that?
                i use RPedit for my 2120's but always like to check out new stuff.

ACE.... its death scoop on the 2120 also...#55 [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

yeah I used to use Rpedit and SysEx97 - neither compare to midiwizard.

The MidiWizard was written for the 2101 - you might ask if it works for the 2120 - I doubt it does, but dont know.

Comment

I have one that works but it banged up. Face plate is bent up. If someone want to check it out I will let it go for $25 bucks + shipping. It is a 2112. Ebay sells them for 200+ - So this is what I would call a ScReAmiNG DEAL!!!!

First one to say I will take it AND email me a pic of there favorite GEETAR gets it!

Just kidding about the emailing me a pic!

Quick! Post that you will take it!!!!

Comment

I'll take it if still available!

Comment

nevermind, I just saw your classified ad. Sorry!

Comment

Thanks for the quick replys boys, do you think the 2nd S-Disc is a big deal, the one I'm looking at only has the 3.0 upgrade. This is the one. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...21030&rd=1

Comment

Yes the 2nd disc makes a difference in the complexity of algorithms you can build. If your not looking to do any programming you could probably do with out it, but heck you can get one with the 2nd disc for about the same price and if you’ve got good timing for less!

The upgrade if you wanted to do it later would cost about 200 bucks [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] the auction youve pointed out does include the C1 so thats cool, but you could find that with the already upgraded version too ... anyway Im sure youll be happy with it.

Comment

Well if you or anyone knows of one with all goodies could you let me know. I would like to get one within the next few days.

Comment

Working...
                              X