Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Multi-effects pedals... GT6, Digitech, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Multi-effects pedals... GT6, Digitech, etc.

I've heard rumors about the GT-8 about a year ago but I'm not sure I want to buy one yet, as I've become quite accustomed to my GT-6. However, knowing what I do know about the GT-6, I can probably demo a GT-8 nicely at a store and make a better informed decision, so maybe a GT-8 is in my future. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I don't use the acoustic simulator any more. I thought it sounded terrible, like the worst electro-acoustic tone multiplied a thousand fold. To me, it just sounds like a thinner, more raspy version of a normal clean sound. However, I could be biased, considering that I started learning guitar on an acoustic and have been playing and hearing acoustic guitars longer than electrics, so nothing except a real full lively-sounding acoustic guitar does it for me... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

The acoustic simulator is based on Boss' AC-2 Acoustic Simulator pedal. I don't know how you feel about that though. I think I'll play around with the acoustic sim feature a little more this holiday season and try to get something close to a warmer version of a plugged-in acoustic guitar.

Comment

Cool. Thanks! I've never tried the AC-2, but I've heard mixed reviews about it. I'm really interested to see and hear more about the GT-8. Maybe it will be unveiled and winter NAMM this year.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

My brother is interested in the POD XT live. We found one at a GC 2 weeks ago. He dicked around with it for a while. We thought it was cool but we felt he needed to bring his power amp in and use a 4 x 12 cab to really see how it sounds. They had it going through this little MG Marshall and it is something you need to really sit down with to make a decision on i.e. - Like the Vetta. Go find one and have them put you in a room by yourself so you can really get to know it. I think it is probably the best one out there for the buck. Also - It is built very sturdy. You could gig with it and not worry about busting it.

Comment

This is all the info I have on the GT8:

and the rear:

"I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Damn! Metallic black. That is sexy. [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] And most of the stuff is the EXACT SAME as the GT-6 with a quick glance... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Probably not worth "upgrading" in my case... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I know that there are some GT-3 users that still stick with the GT-3 and haven't made the transition up to the GT-6 yet either.

Comment

if you look more closely at it, you can see there are more knobs on it, but I don't know what they do [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

That's why I said MOST of the stuff looks the exact same. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I see they finally put a presence knob on there. On the GT-6, presence is there, but you have to activate the preamp parameters. But now, the cabinet/speaker simulator knob is gone, so that's probably inside the preamp parameters.

Looks like there are perhaps a few more overdrive/distortion pedal models as well.

Compression also looks like a separate function rather than being lumped into the FX1 bank.

And it doesn't look like they have that stupid EZ-Tone thing! God, that thing was awful. Now we have Master and AMP CTL, whatever those do. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Still looks relatively the same as the GT-6 though. Looks like the same amp models which is the most important thing to me anyways. But it does look like there are a crapload more effects in the FX1 bank now.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Damn! Metallic black. That is sexy. [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                  Yes, it is! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Processor distortion makes me puke

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      I know that there are some GT-3 users that still stick with the GT-3 and haven't made the transition up to the GT-6 yet either.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be me. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] The marginal differences between the GT-3 and GT-6 don't seem worth the upgrade to me, so I've stuck with it.

I might be enticed by that GT-8, though. Especially if it ends up having some built-in recording functionalities, like the Digitechs.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        I might be enticed by that GT-8, though. Especially if it ends up having some built-in recording functionalities, like the Digitechs.

[/ QUOTE ]
                        That's one of the things I'm kinda hoping for, too. The Digitech seems really neat with the 8-track recorder and drum machine built in. I think I'm gonna wait until after Christmas and then head to GC with whatever cash or gift certificates I get and then demo a bunch of different units. Maybe I'll just hold out until I hear more about the GT-8.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Processor distortion makes me puke

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's an exciting concept - don't post in threads that could affect you in such a bad fashion. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Pete

Comment

What an intelligent contribution. No, seriously.

Okay, not really. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

How IS the GT-3, by the way? I had only ever seen just one in a store almost four years ago when I began playing, but it was quickly phased out in favor of the GT-6 by the time I needed a multi-effects unit. I mean, if it works for you, fantastic! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] But if I had known it was practically the same as the GT-6, I might have got the GT-3 and possibly saved myself some dough.

Comment

AFAIK, the control layout on the GT-6 is a little better. More intuative, less to learn. I believe they juiced up a few of the effects a bit, too. Otherwise, I don't believe there's a huge difference between the two units.

Comment

Working...
                              X