Peavey JSX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey JSX

Not really offering anything here other than commenting......Played with a JSX (At relatively low volume)...BADASS! I think I like better than the 5150/5150 II...it seems more versatile. I really think somebody in the market should check these out....GREAT rhythm tones.. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: Peavey JSX

I bought one and expecting to receive it soon.
    I had 5150s and loved it.
    If this one is more versatile, I am sure I will like it especially it has 3CHs.

Comment

Here is mine.

Comment

Waiting for the combo in January. Who knows when they'll really ship, though. Thinking that it is time to go smaller than the current rig: xxx head and 5150 cab.

Keith
        The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

Smaller rig but a cooler guitar, Keith? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

A COMBO!?

Sweet! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

i went to one of those promo clinics he did this summer and it sounded great but that probably was because he was playin it.

Comment

Chris Amott from Arch Enemy now uses the JSX. His tone sounded very nice live.

Comment

Both guitarist from the Haunted were using it when I saw em play 2 weeks ago. Sounded very badass. Got a cple other compliments on their tone from friends of mine who don't even play guitar.

Comment

it tried the JSX on saturday. great sounding amp, but i will stay with the old JS-"siganturamp" marshall 6100.

i´ve read that the combo will technically be a bit different to the head.
                    can´t remeber exactly what they will change but there was something mentioned. maybe i can find the article again.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      i went to one of those promo clinics he did this summer and it sounded great but that probably was because he was playin it.

[/ QUOTE ]

He ,(and many others), could play one of those mini Marshall Stacks ,(which are mojo cool), and sound great. The longer I play the more I realize confidence has so much to do with playing. The thing that I really liked about the JSX is it has that same muscular midrange thing going that the 5150 has...just a lot of girth, but again I was playing at low volume so I was hearing preamp. I lowered the preamp and turned up the master and the tone did start going away but I can't stress enough it was at low volume so I don't know? I was playing through a Marshall 1960 cab. I had a 5150II that I used with my Bogner 4x12 and I would suspect the JSX would sound great just like the 5150 did/does. Not that it matters a whole lot but I think the JSX is one of the ugliest looking amps I've ever seen....pretty space age looking with lots of Bling....I don't much care for Bling.

Comment

Heh! I've had the chance to borrow a JSX head for the past few days, and I can't stand it. It's rare I plug into an amp and just do not like it right off the bat, but this thing irritates me to no end!
                        I'd have to type a novel to go into all the details, but to my ear it sounds congested and artificial. I can get this sound out of a Transtube. I wonder if maybe that's what it is, with tubes in there just to light up?
                        Ick.

Comment

I thought you liked the Transtube Bandit, Chuck? I get your point though, but is it possible your bud just has a bad one, bad tubes or something?
                          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I played a LTD Lynch Tiger through one about 2 months ago at a store and LOVED it!
                            Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Daddies up the street from me has one, I'm going to go check it out using my SL2H, I've been real curious about these and if a combo is in the works, I'd be real interested in checking that out.
                              If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Working...
                              X