BBE Sonic Maximizer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BBE Sonic Maximizer

Too much low end just makes a mess... can you hear the bass player on "and justice for all"? Me either. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Pete

Comment

I used one with a MK IV a while ago. It did give it some ,"heaviness" and my ears bacame kind of addicted to it which I didn't like. I can't explain it except to say it sounded , "fake"...kinda wierd, and my ears got fatigued from it...very difficult to describe. I can't remember what model it was...I think a 422? I've heard that it really works well with a 5150 as somebody else had stated. I know what your saying about finding the right balance between Bass and Treble...I like a really sweet high end which requires a perfect balance....that same sound in the bedroom does NOT work with a full band...when with a band I no longer particularly look for fullness but rather I go for PUNCH...and this is where the mids come into play...anyway good luck and remember my experience was only with a MK IV.

Comment

My EQ settings at rehearsal are different from practicing at home, and I'm not one of those guys who's afraid of midrange either. I totally understand that in a live band, guitar is all about midrange and high-end.

It's frustrating, because this amp is sooooo damn close to sounding perfect, but just needs that last little tweak to take it all the way.

On the up side, I've been playing my Blue Voodoo more often, and messing around with the settings on it. I was looking to trade it, but I've got it sounding so good, there's no way I'm getting rid of it now.

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Yeah I thought they were cool for a while and then I re-wired my rack one day and left the BBE out by mistake and just loved the tone! It's all subjective I guess. They are so cheap nowadays picking one up isn't a bad idea. They're not that big of an investment, plus you can always use it on your home stereo [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Yeah I thought they were cool for a while and then I re-wired my rack one day and left the BBE out by mistake and just loved the tone! It's all subjective I guess. They are so cheap nowadays picking one up isn't a bad idea. They're not that big of an investment, plus you can always use it on your home stereo [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
            If your home stereo has an effects loop.

Comment

I did almost the same thing. I was cleaning my rig one day and decided to see how it sounded without the BBE 422a I had. I sold it and couldnt believe that I had it hooked into my setup for so long. To me they alter the tone way to much. JMO but I wouldnt get one.

Comment

They work with some amps and not with others. It works fine for my ADA MP-1, but I'd NEVER use it with a vintage sounding tube amp.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]If your home stereo has an effects loop.

[/ QUOTE ]Or if you have a separate tuner/preamp and power amp, then you run it between the two. More or less the same idea as the effects loop.
                  Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

To me,the BBE helps the solid state amps more,helps you get that " push " that you can feel with a tube amp......
                    Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      [ QUOTE ]
                      [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]If your home stereo has an effects loop.

[/ QUOTE ]Or if you have a separate tuner/preamp and power amp, then you run it between the two. More or less the same idea as the effects loop.

[/ QUOTE ]
                      I want to run a BBE and a tc electronic M-One in my stereo!! Come up with WEIRD soundclips!!

Comment

Working...
                      X