Carvin Legacy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carvin Legacy

Are these any good for thrash/ death metal sounds as well as shred? i like the clean sound quite a lot but i haven't heard any hi gain sounds.
    93 USA Soloist EDS
    USA HT6 Juggernaut
    Charvel DK24FR

Re: Carvin Legacy

No, if you want killer clean and super high gain you should look at the MTS 3200.

Comment

The High Gain channel on that amp SUCKS, I played with it for an hour, and the sales guy kept switching the amp to the clean channel while I was trying to play. After the sixth time he switched channels on me while I was playing I just about punched him in the fuckin' mouth.

Comment

I like the Legacy a lot. Then again I'm not looking for super mega high gain either - the Legacy would be pretty weak for death metal. It's great for more classic metal tones.
        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I plyed one about 2 months ago ans was less than impressed. The clean was ok, but the od sounded like a wet fart [img]/images/graemlins/fart.gif[/img].

If you want something for thrash or DM, look at a PV 5150 or Engl.

Comment

To continue the trend... Great clean tone but definitely not high gain. I think the lead tone is very good, but there is no death or thrash metal in there.

Comment

ok guys. Thanks for the input. I've been looking for a 5150 and a second hand ENGL for a while now. So far the only ENGL i've come across was the Thunder 50, but that's gone now. No one wants to sell their 5150's lol [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]
              93 USA Soloist EDS
              USA HT6 Juggernaut
              Charvel DK24FR

Comment

Dude, try the MTS3200. I have one. It kills.

Comment

Yeah, Bill and I tried the Legacy for an hour and as Ace said, less than impressed would be an understatement. But, of course we are lookingfor a bit more gain and crunch generally.

5150 for sure bro. ENGL? can you say "Powerball"? Mmm, crunchy... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

That's kinda weird about the gain issue considering I saw Vai play a Bogner of all things on the '96 G3 DVD with Satch and Eric Johnson. Or was I seeing things? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

he only played it for the blues. which eric johnson screwed him over.

Comment

I have been using a Legacy Head with a '74 Marshall 4x12 with greenbacks for going on 5 years as my main gigging rig. It is used next to a SLO-100 (Jazzman's). Not enough gain? Holy cow! I can get enough crunch/chunk at band volumes that I would ever need! A few points about the Legacy...it doesn't sound good with Vin30s or even the Legacy cab with Greenbacks, try it with a Marshall with Greenbacks. Also, the Legacy is VERY guitar and pick/muting/playing technique sensitive. I could play in any thrash environment with a LP std. into my rig. Another thing, the Legacy sounds like ass at anything lower than band volumes. This is not a bedroom amp. Oh yea, I ditched the EL34s and put in 6L6s. This made a huge improvement for me. IMO if the Legacy said Bogner or Soldano on the front you would be reading praise instead of dings...it's the Rodney Dangerfield of amps! In 5 years the only amp I have heard that I would buy instead of the Legacy is the SLO-100, and I still haven't had the desire to "upgrade".

Comment

Working...
                        X