Powerbrake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powerbrake

Is this pretty much the same thing as a Power Soak? Thinking about getting one if so. I get tired of not getting everything out of my sound, because I can't turn my Marshall up past 2. Thanks for any help.
    www.reverbnation.com/rokhollywood

www.facebook.com/Rok Hollywood

www.facebook.com/rokhollywood2

www.facebook.com/RokHollywoodFans

Re: Powerbrake

Yes, it is.

- E.
    Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

I've been looking at the hotplate for my Marshall TSL100. For now, I'm using the 30watt option but doing so, I loose a lot of tone (very muddy).

joe...
      www.godwentpunk.com
      www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

I haven't heard anything good about the Marshall Powerbreak. Go to THD and get get a THD Hot Plate [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

They are both attenuators (Brake and Soak) but the Brake is inductive while the Soak is reactive. The Soak has 3 settings, 4, 8 and 16 ohm. The later Soak's also had a Tube or Solid State switch. The Brake two (8 and 16 ohms). Hot plate only has one(ripoff).

I have the Brake and the Soak. Both are good units.

Comment

I have a box of about 8 of them (powersoaks) that are in various stages of fried. I'm sure they all can be fixed and fully operational again-but in my opinion, that speaks volumes (pun intended) about the reliability.

I agree, the Hot plate is somewhat a rip off for being only tailored to one specific ohmage, but the Marshall SE100 is much the same way. (8 Ohms only)

Comment

Working...
            X