Running stereo or dual mono

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running stereo or dual mono

I just bought a Marshall JCM 800 2205 and JCM 900 1960 A 300 watt 4x12. I already have an identical 800 with a JCM 800 1960 A 300 watt 4x12. I have never run in stereo, but would like to experiment with some things. How do I hook the 2 half stacks to run stereo, or even dual mono? Do I need some kind of signal splitter, or just basically hook them both together? I just remember hearing a guitarist in a band I was in years ago run stereo, and I liked the sound. Plus, when I have played out, I hate being on the other side of the stage, and not being able to hear my amp as well. So when I play out again, it would be nice to have a cab on both sides. Suggestions anyone? What about speaker cables? What gauge wire should I use, especially having 1 amp 15 feet or so away. Thanks!
    www.reverbnation.com/rokhollywood

www.facebook.com/Rok Hollywood

www.facebook.com/rokhollywood2

www.facebook.com/RokHollywoodFans

Re: Running stereo or dual mono

you can use an A/B box. I have a Whirlwind A/B switch that basically splits your guitar signal into 2 amps. You can select both amps on at the same time or either one. Since I have more than 2 amps now I use a VooDoo Labs 1x4 that lets me use A/B/C/D all at once or select any combo of the 4 amps.
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

Cool, thanks for helping again Shawn.
      www.reverbnation.com/rokhollywood

www.facebook.com/Rok Hollywood

www.facebook.com/rokhollywood2

www.facebook.com/RokHollywoodFans

Comment

I used to run a couple amps stereo at home using a boss stereo chorus pedal. Guitar to chorus with one output into the front of each amp. That chorus sound was H-U-G-E!
        "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

Yeah, I experimented a little with running my Boss GT-3 out stereo into two seperate amps. Man, the difference in tone was amazing. Very 3D and pro sounding. Especially when running patches that had a little chorus or delay in them. That is freakin' killer sounding s**t, especially at live volumes! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
          X