Hush units

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hush units

What's the difference in the HushIICX and the Hush IIBX ?
    Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Re: Hush units

I believe it's just the CX being the stereo version.

IMO, Look for the Guitar Silencer, it's much MUCH less tone sucking. The regular HUSH units are pretty harsh on your tone.

Comment

John,

This is one of the old Rocktron ones when they were made in USA.

The one I have sucks very little tone, it has a filter knob on it that I use to cut some of the high end back a bit actually. I woulnd't get rid of this thing for nothing. BUT it is old and I think one channel is a bit flaky, so I would like to get another.

That's why I asked about the CX and the BX, cause I saw one on E-bay that was a BX.

Tell me about the guitar silencer, I know nothing about it, but it isn't the crappy one that they just put aout about two years ago is it [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Knowing you, I woudn't think so, I know you like the MAde In USA stuff over that cheap Korean junk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Yep, I have a IICX sitting here on a shelf right now... Had worse, but it still is somewhat a tone sucker, as always, maybe me CAE just hates it being in line like everything else cheap it hates, hahah... Nonetheless, just use it lightly.

The guitar Silencer is an somewaht lower analog unit and is well known to be the most pleasing unit tonewise among the rack fags like me.

You are probably talking about the super C, it seems to be the cheesy one. I've heard they share some stuff with the guitar silencer and have heard some good things about it. Hard to believe really, but they seem to get some praise somehow.

I'm pretty pissed at Rocktron anymore. They quit doing in house repair and you have to go o a local place and have THEM all rocktron for repair support information... What a pain, when you have to pay someone bench time to figure out a unit they aren't experienced with like the tech at Rocktron should be. I have to worry about them actually being able to cheaply repair complex issues at all.

I probably won't be buying much of their higher cost stuff anymore that is for sure. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

and what's the difference between a super C and those mentioned above ? what do you think about super C ?

Comment

HUSH UNIT = poor excused for bad wiring, bad cables, and unshielded control cavities.
            Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              HUSH UNIT = poor excused for bad wiring, bad cables, and unshielded control cavities.

[/ QUOTE ]

on the other side it can be used for affecting sound - dime' from pantera achieved some part of his trademark sound by setting his noisegate way high - it sounded more precise then while playing rythm.

also i suspect that bands like fear factory / meshuggah use that trick

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

also i suspect that bands like fear factory / meshuggah use that trick

[/ QUOTE ]

In the studio this is done with editing, not a noise gate, live I've never seen them so I can't say....
                ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

Well, I assure you that I have no bad wiring, cables or a shielding problem.

My amp , like any high gain amp makes noise, with NOTHING else hooked up to it it makes noise and I don't like it and dont want to hear it.

I'm pretty sure that all the artist back in the day who had Hush units in their racks, like Paule Gilbert and vivian Campbell had bad wiring and bad cables, not to mention that a lot of those racks were built by Bob Bradshaw!

John,

I ear what you are saying about the CAE, but 2 things, If this unit is only gonna allow you to use the best, most expesive of gear there is to have, then unless you have this kind of money, I would get rid of it and find something that is more friendly with afordable gear [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] HAHAHA.

Second, I'm sure when this particular Hush unit first came out that it was anything but cheap. If for nothing else, than what I mentioned above, it was being used by a lot of PRO artists.

The bototm line here is that I have teted my rig out both with it and without it, and I can't tell a noticable difference to not use it.
                  Any tone I may be missing is probably overshadowed by the fact that I am upset with all the noise I hear [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Oh and the other thing about the bad wiring and cables and crap, I have played at places where it did have crappy wiring and power, etc. and it induced noise in my rig , the bass playes and the other guitarist.

Needless to say, mine was the only quit rig the whole night [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I like the super C I sold mine to my friend and and he loves it better than any gate I've dealt with...
                    www.myspace.com/goreality1

Comment

Working...
                    X