Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5150 Effects Loop Questions

Hey Guys
    I have a silly question. I just got a 5150 head and cab. I hooked up a BBE into the effects loop and was wondering if I did it correctly in that I am only using one channel of the BBE ( not in stereo ) Is this ideal or is there a way to run both channels?
    [img]/images/graemlins/stupid.gif[/img]
    Also, when I start adding other effects like delay, chorus or flanger what order should they go in the chain? I am considering a TC Gmajor, but I remember reading here that compatability has been a problem with the 5150. Any help would be great
    [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
    Thanks
    Robert

Re: 5150 Effects Loop Questions

I have a 5150 with a BBE and a TC Electronic G Major and everything works fine for me. I think there is just a setting you may have to change to make it funtion correctly, I can't really remember off-hand though.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Poster: Disco Dave
      Subject: Re: 5150 Effects Loop Questions

I have a 5150 with a BBE and a TC Electronic G Major and everything works fine for me. I think there is just a setting you may have to change to make it funtion correctly, I can't really remember off-hand though.

[/ QUOTE ]
      an amp setting or a G major setting (internal or external ?) or a BBE setting that needs to be changed?

i'm sure someone around here can shed some light.
      Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Its a setting on the G major that deals with the input and output. The peavey boards are pretty much desolate but there are some posts about it over there.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Its a setting on the G major that deals with the input and output. The peavey boards are pretty much desolate but there are some posts about it over there.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a setting in the I/O setup menu of the GMajor where you can set the input sensitivity to either "Pro" (+4 dB) or "Consumer" (-10 dB). Basically, if you have to have the input knob on the front of the GMajor cranked all the way to get any signal level, you need to set the sensitivity from Pro to Consumer. If you are clipping the input to the GMajor and have to have the input knob dialed way back, set the sensitivity from "Consumer" to "Pro".

- E.
          Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Working...
          X